12-23-2013 02:09 AM
I've a 2 weeks old HP Spectre 13-3080ez, Windows 8, 64 bit. Since yesterday I have a problem with charging, means, battery is empty but will not charge.
I've tried all the common things you find in the internet but I'm always strugglin with the "remove battery" part because the spectre have a built in battery.
- Battery is new (max. 3 - 4 times loaded)
- Notebook is working fine with AC addapter plugged in
- If I run the battery check from the HP Software it says "battery unknown" followed by an exception "45replace" but I somehow can not believe that the battery is already defect
- I've made all the possible updates
- I've also made a BIOS-Update to the current version
Any Ideas? Thanks for help.
This question was solved. View Solution.
12-27-2013 11:54 AM
Hi re-cyber. It does sound like you need to contact support to have your battery replaced. The documents you see referring to a hard reset and removing the battery, obviously only applies to those products with removable batteries. If you want to make sure you have completed all of the steps (which I believe you have) you can look through this document.
Battery Does not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge:
HP technical support: 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl
12-31-2013 01:33 AM
Hey Terry TwoPointOh
Thanks for your support. I've tried everything without success. So that's why my ultrabook is now at the HP repair center for having the battery replaced.