Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360

I recently bought a notebook security cable thinking that it would work with my new HP Spectre x360. I couldnt figure out where it goes though. Does the Spectre x360 not have a kensington lock port? My sister's HP has one and I thought mine would too. If it doesn't have one, is there an alternative to the kensington port that I can use to lock up my computer? 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I'm in the same boat on this....is there a Dorm Room security solution?

HP Recommended

Just got a spectre x360 too, is there any cable/lock option?

HP Recommended

Unfortunately there is no security lock on the Spectre x360. Why HP made such a glaring omission on this wonderful ultrabook is beyond me.

HP Recommended
Something must be done
HP Recommended

The design behind the lack of a lock slot by HP engineers is disgusting, nor is it understandable: how the hell the expensive machine is supposed to be secured ?? The attempt only to make it a bit more ultra is by someone with a watered brain ! Of course several commercial kits can be used to lock up the machine but all them will make the tablet mode impossible, and to a lesser degree the tent mode. Even the normal position is affected as the lid can not be tilted far back or the lock on the back of lid will pump the desk ! What the hell HP engineers were thinking ??? 

HP Recommended

Sorry its hard to beleive ut thsi is no lock options.  This is a major error by HP,  I make have to return the new laptop I purchased for my daughter last night!

HP Recommended

There are many different options when it comes to locking your laptop that has no Kensington key hole. There are laptop security devices that attach to the laptop. They work for any device by attaching them to the device with some sort of adhesive. You can also get Kensington slot adaptor that does the same thing. Below are links to products similar to the ones I have spoken of.

Combo Keyed Cable Lock

Kensington Adaptor

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.