Question

Honor Student
Marcia107
Message 1 of 6 (286 Views)

HP Split x2 safely removing docking station

[ Edited ]

I have the HP Split x2 13.3".

I have successfully removed the docking station several times for use in the past, though have recently been seeing this message when I try to safely remove it. 

HP Split Error Message.jpg

I have closed all applications, restarted the laptop and checked for updates. 

If I ignore this message and remove the screen then a blue error screen appears and the system forces a restart. 

Does anybody have any idea what's up?

Thanks. 

HP Support Agent
Mrstenter
Message 2 of 6 (264 Views)

Re: HP Split x2 safely removing docking station

Hi Marcia107,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read your thread on your HP Split 13 and problem undocking from the docking station. Here is a link to troubleshoot the docking station.

Scan to the part that tells you about cleaning the connections of your docking station and the section about updating the BIOS.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Mrs.Tenter
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Marcia107
Message 3 of 6 (262 Views)

I've used the HP Support to find drivers and any BIOS that needs installing but when I ask HP to automatically detect my model it doesnt recognise it?! 

HP Support Agent
Mrstenter
Message 4 of 6 (259 Views)

Hi Marcia107,

Try updating the BIOS with this document.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Mrs.Tenter
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
stitchesoncellu
Message 5 of 6 (192 Views)

Hello, 

I have been having the same problem and receiving the same message. Did you find a fix? I have updated the Bios to the new windows 8.1 version for my model... still it won't safely undock and I can't use the laptop for the reasons I recently purchased it (very frustrating, as you well know). 

Any help on how you fixed it would b wonderful, thanks!

Top Student
superjeuslove
Message 6 of 6 (134 Views)

I have the exact same problem.  Split 13t-g100 CTO x2.  Updated BIOS to 9-5-14 update, but that didn't solve the problem.  Either the blue screen of death when manually ejecting the screen, or the "problem undocking from docking station" saying my hard drive in the docking station is in use.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation