Re: HP TrueVision HD webcam not detected on my Pavilion DV7 (19 Views)
Honor Student
lord_eldred
Message 1 of 3 (48 Views)

HP TrueVision HD webcam not detected on my Pavilion DV7

Okay, When I got this thing a year and a half ago, the webcam wouldn't work turns out that I had to send it in to get fixed. not a problem it was still under warranty. took 2 days it came back every thing was fine. now I don't use it often, so I didn't notice that it had quit working until about 2 weeks ago. now it's not in warranty. every thing seems to be fine, I uninstalled the software and reinstalled it( youcam 3.0) as per hp instructions. The software appears to be in proper order , but the cam still don't work . I also found out that scaner on my HP all - in - one don't work either. any ideas as to why this is , or how to fix it. and also are these two linked in some way??

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 3 (39 Views)

Re: HP TrueVision HD webcam not detected on my Pavilion DV7

Hi,

Please use this to fix:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02452221&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en     

Links for XP & Vista are in there too.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
lord_eldred
Message 3 of 3 (19 Views)

Re: HP TrueVision HD webcam not detected on my Pavilion DV7

thanks for replying, I've actually done all thise steps be fore I even retried them after your reply , but it doesn't fix the issue. any other ideas

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation