Question

Honor Student
Saramajid
Message 1 of 5 (16,013 Views)

HP Wireless Mouse giving trouble

Hi all. We just got an HP wireless mouse to replace an old wireless one and sure are having trouble with it. We first installed it a few days ago, attatching the usb to a port at the back of the computer, and it seemed to be working fine. However, now it is not working in any of the USB ports, front or back, except for one specific port in the front. We need that port to attatch our USB drive, so it cannot be reserved for the mouse. Why won't the mouse work when the USB is attatched to any of the ports besides that ONE port? Those ports recognize everything else--speakers, printer, even old wired mouse, but not the HP wireless mouse.

Details: The mouse is an optcal mobile mouse,  model # FHA-3410

I hope that someone can help me with this problem. I've been attatching and reattatching, connecting and reconnecting for nearly an hour and, you can imagine, frustration is getting over me. We're back to using that old wired mouse again for now.

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 5 (16,000 Views)

Re: HP Wireless Mouse giving trouble

[ Edited ]

Hi,

If you had to install software for this device first remove the receiver, then uninstall the software , reboot the PC, then follow the setup procedure you originally used picking a suitably located USB port.  If this works, you may find it helpful to leave the receiver plugged in.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
zhumabay
Message 3 of 5 (15,387 Views)

FHA-3410 mouse

Hi,

This HP wireless mose FHA-3410 is really very not good. It was said that the received can be inserted into the mouse to stop the use of the battery when mouse is not used. But the receiver jumps out and the mouse working until you do not put out the battery every time. It was from the moment I bought this mouse 2 month ago. Then it started to have troubles of communication between the receiver and mouse - every time when I start my laptop and it is fully loaded, I spend 1-3 minutes to establish this communication. From yesterday it stoped working at all. I changed a new battery but not change.

Can you replace me this mouse by another one, better with a smaller size receiver and a switch on the mouse, which turns off the mouse when it is not used?

Thanks.

Zhumabay.

Student
kakahe
Message 4 of 5 (11,637 Views)

how?

Student
salamktdy
Message 5 of 5 (7,656 Views)

my hp wireless mouse model no fha 3410 is not working.the red light working...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation