Question
Top Student
Message 1 of 8 (341 Views)

HP battery check-Charging capacity 98%

Hi Everyone,

I have bought HP Pavilion 15-e017tx Laptop on 01/01/2014. Initially HP battery check status shows the "charge capacity" as 99% but later it comes down to 98%. within a week i purchased.

Also, while charging if battery level reaches 95% then battery check status shows as "Calibrate". I did callibration more than 3-4 times as per HP battery check advice.

Can anyone please tell the whether i need to replace the battery?. 

battery1 .jpg

Please tell me reason for 98% charge capacity . Also for this reason alone i need to replace the battery? please advice

Top Student
Message 2 of 8 (313 Views)

Re: HP battery check-Charging capacity 98%

Spoiler
Can anyone reply me.. I believe this forum. But no use. 26 Views but no one replied..
Spoiler
I am waiting for your reply. Please do the needful

HP Support Agent
Message 3 of 8 (306 Views)

Hi guhan, welcome to the HP Forums. If you have been through all of these steps:  Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 8) you would want to contact support to see what other options you have.

HP technical support: 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link HERE to get the support number for your region.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
Top Student
Message 4 of 8 (304 Views)

Hello sir Thanks for your valuable reply.  But technical support team guys are saying the same as callibration as per HP battery check. They not sure about the issue. I hope this is some rare issue in my battery.

i need your inputs about the issue.

as per your knowledge batteryneeds to be replaced for the issue i have raised.

Thanks,

guhan

HP Support Agent
Message 5 of 8 (302 Views)

If you are in warranty, technical support would make the decision whether or not to replace it. If you are not, you can make the decision yourself. I do not know if your battery is failing. If the hardware test does not say so, I would not think it is.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
Top Student
Message 6 of 8 (296 Views)

Sir, My lap is under warranty. as per HP battery check advice battery needs to be replaced if the status is still "calibrate" after 2 times of calibration. FYI i did calibration 3-4 times but no use. So as per my knowledge battery needs to be replaced. How come technical support would not approve for replacement. They need to approve for replacement, else i need to escalate this case. Please provide the CRT email ID's and other email ID's i will write an email.

Also, What is the reason for 98% charginf capacity within a week it went down to 98 form 100.
Retired
Message 7 of 8 (288 Views)

Hi @guhan ,

I have sent your issue to be escalated and do check your private message for an HP employee that will contact you.

Best,

Russ

I worked for HP.
Top Student
Message 8 of 8 (280 Views)

Hi Russel, Thanks for your help. Private message means i can't get you!.. where i need to check further..
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation