HP dm4t SSD hard disk failure (Code 301) (2056 Views)
Honor Student
Thryn
Message 1 of 3 (2,056 Views)

HP dm4t SSD hard disk failure (Code 301)

Here are the specs:

i5-430M dual core processor 

6GB DDR3 memory

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

160GB SSD

Upon starting up my computer yesterday I received the following error code: 301 Code Hard Disk 1. I first pressed enter to begin normal start up sequence but the screen was blank grey for over 10 minutes so I restarted the computer and then entered HP System Diagonstics by pressing F2 to run a hard disk test as was recommended on the screen, but I received a failure ID of UC57TW-5AV5B7-XD6U2K-60EL03 almost immediatly after clicking to begin the test. 

When I think went to try and go back into start up, there was a message on screen that said 'No bootable device'. 

The computer is less than two weeks old and has a SSD. Upon reading online I saw that HP system diagnostics hard disk test won't run on SSD so I suppose that explains the failure ID I received, but I also got the same failure ID when I ran the Start-Up Test, Run-In Test, and System Tune-up test. It seems that the computer is no longer recognising the hard drive.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is it reflective of a quality control issue on HP's components or is it more likely that this is a fluke? I guess I'm just trying to decide if I should call HP to get a new one or simply return it and go with a different manufacturer? I've had issues with HP's customer service before so I'm dreading calling them one way or another. 

I would appreciate any feedback. Thank you! 

Regents Professor
pepe999
Message 2 of 3 (2,010 Views)

Re: HP dm4t SSD hard disk failure (Code 301)

What SSD is it? I mean the manufacturer..

Dv6-7000 /Full HD/Core i5-3360M/GF 650M/Corsair 8GB/Intel 7260AC/Samsung Pro 256GB
HP Touchpad provided by HP
Currently on Debian Wheeze

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
Honor Student
Thryn
Message 3 of 3 (2,006 Views)

Re: HP dm4t SSD hard disk failure (Code 301)

It's whatever manufacturer HP uses because it's the SSD that you can get with the 'customizable notebook' through the HP webstore. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation