Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello All!

I just recently refurbished a friends laptop that needed a new hard drive and have re-installed Vista as the OS.  Now I am apparently unable to find 2 drivers (according to my device manager).

They are both listed as:

Base System Device 

and this is the following info..

PCI bus 7, device 5, function 3 (for the first)

PCI bus 7, device 5, function 2 (for the second)

Any help would be appreciated.  It should also be noted that my Quick touch media buttons work as well as my SD card reader.... was the first thing I checked.

If anyone else has a solution for the endless orange indicator on the WIFI card that would also be helpful.. but from what I've read... it's a lost cause

cheers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Your Vista drivers, including the correct one to get wireless working correctly, should all be posted on your driver/software page. Please post full model number or P/N from the Service Tag on bottom.DV6000 is only the series.Locating Model Number

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

It was in fact the driver in your first link! Thanks again.  

Now any more luck with the wireless card or am I screwed?

Funny thing with the wireless card is that it seems to work after I tether internet access from my iPhone.  But it's very random.  

Any help would be appreciated.

HP Recommended

okay.. here we go

service tag: dv6327ca

p/n: GA219UA#ABL

this wireless issue is beginning to really get me going.... and as far as I can see in these forums.. i'm SOL 😞

HP Recommended

Your drivers are posted here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=2093&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3379...

HP Recommended

Your link is very much appreciated, in the future I'll be sure to search for drivers from the service tag as opposed to the number on the screen of my laptop 🙂   

However, my wireless issue has not been resolved.  From what I can tell, this issue is common for my model of laptop.  I have un-installed and re-installed the appropriate drivers with no change.  Regardless of switch position, I am still getting the orange LED on the front of my laptop, and of course I can not recognize any wireless networks.  I have no 'flags' in my device manager section and Windows OS is up to date.

Any thoughts?

HP Recommended

Did you try installing HP Wireless Assistant to see if it can enable the wireless?

HP Recommended

I did... and as a matter of fact the program itself will not even open.  I have attempted numerous un-installs and re-installs with no luck.  It seems as though there is a known problem with this model.  The only thing that I can't understand is that when it works, it is like new,  but that seems to be once every week for a few hours, and very randomly...

HP Recommended

Alright... SUCCESS!  After much tireless research... I think I can see what was happening.  In the system BIOS settings (F10 on restart) I was able to enable the network as a boot option.  By doing this, upon the first restart, my wireless drivers were automatically installed, HP Wireless assistant started, and voila... like magic.

Thanks For Putting Up with Me

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.