Question

Student
EPlekkenpol
Message 1 of 1 (277 Views)

HP dv6t-3000 won't turn on or receive power from its adapter

I was working on my laptop today and everything seemed to be working fine.  I closed the lid and it went into sleep mode as I took a small hour nap.  When I woke up, my computer was turned off and it  wouldn't boot up or get any charge from the adapter.  I tried connecting the power supply into different wall sockets and even replaced the battery in my laptop with another HP battery I had already, but it still wouldn't turn on.  After contacting HP support over phone I was told that it was either an adapter problem or a motherboard failure.  I took it into Best Buy Geek Squad and they confirmed that my adapter was indeed giving off a charge but my laptop was unresponsive.  They also told me it was a motherboard problem.  After researching online it looks like most motherboard failures happen from overheating, or an electrical surge.  I have had my laptop continuously connected into a cooling pad and it was plugged into a surge protector when I put it to sleep before it stopped working.  This laptop is only 2 years old and I take the time to discharge static shock and blow the dust out of my ventilation.  Any ideas on what my problem is and why the motherboard would fail?  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation