Question

Honor Student
Damien1551
Message 1 of 4 (118 Views)

HP pavilion randomly shutsdown

My HP pavilion g6 2204sa keeps randomly shutting down without any warning or sign of it shutting down but I have notced that this only occurs when the battery goes below 50-48%. How can I solve this problem? 

Provost
Huffer
Message 2 of 4 (114 Views)

Re: HP pavilion randomly shutsdown

Does it ever do it when connected to AC power or only on battery? If only on battery go into the BIOS (Setup) by tapping F10 as you power up and see if there is a battery calibration utility and run a battery calibration. Your battery is likely reporting more charge than it really has and the calibration will realign it. If the battery is over 18 mos old it might be time to think about a new one.

Honor Student
Damien1551
Message 3 of 4 (104 Views)

Thank you for your help but I was not able to find a battery caliberation utility and my laptop is only a month old I don't know if this would matter.

Provost
Huffer
Message 4 of 4 (98 Views)

Yes it does matter. The battery is under warranty. Call HP Support. They can perhaps send you a new one.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation