Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i have hp probook 4530s problem
and my dvd drive doesn't read dvd or burn them
i'm using windows 8
please help...

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello diisha,

I see that you are having problems with the DVD player not reading or burnind DVDs. I have a couple of suggestions that may help with this issue.

Here is a link to a Microsoft fix it that may help with this issue.

Is the drive listed under the computer options in the computer? What operating system are you using?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

i used it before and it did nothing
yes it's on my device list
and I'm using win 8

HP Recommended

Thanks for the information,

Here is a link to some troubleshooting steps for problems with the DVD-ROM drive. Follow the steps in the link and it may help with this issue.

Let me know if the computer is able to read the DVDs in command prompt or if you get any error messages.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

my dvd writer doesn't work what can i do? please help me if i insert a dvd there is no response & when i click the dvd writer there is says to insert a dvd.so please give me a solution

HP Recommended

Hi bipu,

Sorry to here about the DVD drive or optical drive. There is a way to test the hardware on the optical drive to see if it has failed. What version of operating system are you using? Are you using the Probook 4530s as well or a different model? If you are using the different model can I get your product number please?

Find your product number on a notebook:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Finding your OS:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows/which-operating-system

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

DVD drive doesn't work with Ubuntu 12.04 Operating System either. So, clearly it's problem with laptop hardware from HP.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.