Question

Student
haverlm
Message 1 of 46 (52,564 Views)

HP wireless mouse not working

My HP wireless mouse stopped working with my Windows 7 laptop. I've tried everything -- new batteries, resetting, taking out receiver and rebooting.  Does anybody have any other ideas? 

Honor Student
liveride
Message 2 of 46 (52,127 Views)

Re: HP wireless mouse not working

Make sure you plug in the USB wireless dongle, which is what the keyboard and mouse transmit to. It will light up Blue when the connection is made.

Honor Student
losangelestim
Message 3 of 46 (51,792 Views)

did you get your mouse working? i'm having the exact same problem.

Tutor
hpx64
Message 4 of 46 (51,765 Views)

Have you guys tried pairing the dongle to the mouse?

Honor Student
losangelestim
Message 5 of 46 (51,758 Views)

i'm using the dongle that came with the mouse. how else would you pair the two?

Tutor
hpx64
Message 6 of 46 (51,713 Views)

i meant pair as in try doing this remove the batteries put them back in turn the mouse on and try to recconect the mouse to the dongle see if that works, as in pair them again

Honor Student
losangelestim
Message 7 of 46 (51,692 Views)

i don't know if you;re telling me to do this because it WILL work or because it MAY work, i'm saying it DOESN'T work. btw: i'm returning the piece of garbage to the store. thanks for the trouble. too bad HP has become such a lousy company that it can't support it's own products. i'm STILL WAITING for them to come up with a driver for their scanjet 4670 (the best handheld scanner ever made available to the public) to work fully with windows7. it's embarrassing that an american company is so lousy. it just lowers the bar for foreign companies to take over their market shares.

Student
bstex
Message 8 of 46 (48,906 Views)

I also have the same problems and have tried each thing listed on this page. Including reinstalling the software on another laptop and that didn't work. This has happen TWICE. Where is HP Support????????????

Top Student
chaser
Message 9 of 46 (48,279 Views)

[ Edited ]

Mine has worked fine for over a year until just the other day. The scroll wheel only works 'sometimes' as does the point and click function for only certain things... At first I thought it was the computer itself..but have narrowed it down to the mouse (I hope that is all it is)... but often fails for doing tasks such as deleting email messages (but only sometimes). It works on hyperlinks only sometimes...and often fails though in online forms. In other words, it now only works 1/2 the time...even though it has new batteries in it. It just started 'failing' yesterday for no apparent reason. Got any ideas? Thanks. It seems to be something with the wireless connection.

Top Student
chaser
Message 10 of 46 (48,231 Views)

...cont'd. It is not only the mouse that does not work on a continuous basis, it is also the touchpad. I tried going to the device and selecting the auto "TroubleShooting"..but it detected no problems.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation