Question
HP wireless mouse not working
Replies (47)

Teacher
mancy_techno
Message 11 of 48 (29,955 Views)

Re: HP wireless mouse not working

Hi,

HP wireless mouse may not work due to improper connection of the receiver.

If unknowingly you connect the receiver to a different port, then it may cause serious issue with HP wireless mouse.

If the connected port is corrupt and if the port is experiencing any problem, then the wireless mouse may not work properly.

In order to resolve this issue, you need to repair the port.

Get more information to fix Wireless mouse not working issues :

http://supportforhp.iyogi.com/wireless-mouse-not-working.html

Hope this helps you.

Set peace of mind as your highest goal,and organize your life around it.
jul Student
Student
jul
Message 12 of 48 (29,395 Views)

Got the same problem. Wireless mouse stopped working on my HP Pavilion dv2500 with Win7 x64. Tried everything - reconnect, power on/off, reboot, reinstalling mouse drivers and USB ports - NO RESULT. I got 2 USB ports, it doesn't work on either of them.

The mouse works perfectly on other laptops (i've tried Lenovo, Dell) so it's definitely a HP driver problem.

HP SUPPORT HELP! This is frustrating!

Tutor
Treyofhearts
Message 13 of 48 (29,006 Views)

I have an old (5 years?) wireless keyboard and mouse (49 mhz), which always worked fine (I still run XP) until a few weeks ago. Twice now the mouse has become entirely un-responsive. Each time, the mouse spontaneously resumed working, once after being left with batteries out overnight, this time just, Shazam, it worked when I moved it. However, for three days I changed batteries, re-sync'ed it, changed USB ports, re-booted, etc., in every combination I could think of. Keyboard works fine. It so happens I have a new, unused mouse and hub (same model), but when I connected them I had the exact same problem. It seems like the laser on the mouse goes into some kind of stand-by mode or spasm -- it gets to the point in re-syncing where it ought to connect, but instead the light on the mouse dims and it vibrates really quickly without making a connection. Any guesses?

Student
jhw111
Message 14 of 48 (28,957 Views)

i called india and was tranfered 3 times, it took 35 min. i then threw it in the trash. I'm much happier now...jhw111  p.s. i will purchase a new one tomarrow, it won't be an HP

Tutor
Treyofhearts
Message 15 of 48 (28,953 Views)

Oh, yeah --

When the wireless mouse is in spasm, a wired USB mouse also would not work. Is this a driver issue? If so, how does one get the correct mouse driver off the HP website? I tried and couldn't even identify my product, much less update its drivers...

Intern
lmwh454
Message 16 of 48 (28,921 Views)

This is happening to me and my husband also, we both have HP laptops and we both have a different kind of mouse. I have a regular usb wired mouse, he has a wireless mouse. Different brands of mouse. It started happening to both of our computers around the same time. Has to be an issue with the HP laptops. I've tried updating the drivers but it hasn't made any difference.

Student
Lloyd_NC
Message 17 of 48 (28,038 Views)

I had the same problem - HP mouse didn't work at all after changing the battery.  I tried all the above suggestions; what worked for me was holding the connect button on the bottom of the mouse AND the button on the USB dongle at the same time.  I held both buttons down for a few seconds, and the mouse has been working fine.

Student
imath808
Message 18 of 48 (27,997 Views)

I  have the same problem , but I have a HP laptop and a Mac computer, I have a HP mouse for each of them, but the mouse with my  HP laptop Stopped working. I then pluged in the other HP moues from my Mac, that was working properley in to the same USB Port , The secent mouse works fine.

The first HP Moues JUST STOPED WORKING.

I bought them both at the same time, About six months ago.

I am not happy with HP, Can some one suggest another product!

Honor Student
Electro1
Message 19 of 48 (27,330 Views)

Re: Wireless keyboard/mouse stopped working....

Options

This solution actually works…

What they don't tell you in ANY manual is that the blue light on the USB receiver (dongle)  is actually a reset button!  With the receiver plugged in to a USB port, I pushed the button/light until it started flashing.  What it doesn't tell you to do next is to push the blue button (not lighted) on the bottom of the keyboard or the mouse named ‘connect’ until the blue light on the receiver STOPS flashing.  At that point, my keyboard started to function again, and the mouse was just fine.

This is copied and pasted from another post; I used it and it works just fine.  Until then, I could not do anything to reset my mouse (batteries, new drivers, pouring over manuals).  Please give all the credit to HBSTAR, who originally posted it 12/26/2010.  Thanks!

Tutor
Treyofhearts
Message 20 of 48 (26,791 Views)

Me again --

The last time my wireless mouse quit working I was paying extra close attention to what was going on. Maybe I have a clue, or maybe it was just a coincidence, but my metal spiral bound dayplanner was between my mouse and the dongle when the mouse spazzed out. Maybe the metal spiral did some weird antenna-to-nowhere action to the wireless signal..? Anyway, after fooling with the re-set buttons, removing and replacing the batteries and waiting for a day or so, like usual, eventually the mouse resumed working for no particular reason that I could determine. Since it resumed working, I have been religious about keeping my schedule book and its spring binder away from my mouse and have had no problems.

Good luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation