Question
HP wireless mouse not working
Replies (45)

Honor Student
snowshoedude007
Message 21 of 46 (18,072 Views)

Re: HP wireless mouse not working

Regarding your USB mouse not working on HP laptop and WIN 7. 

1. Remove the USB Dongle

2. Remove the battery from Mouse

3. Insert the battery back in Mouse

4. Plug in the USB Dongle

Have fun

Student
rcp9
Message 22 of 46 (18,045 Views)

Do I have to plug the mouse remote transmitter into my laptop before I power it up? I need connection instructions for the hp romote mouse.  Where can I find them?

Honor Student
snowshoedude007
Message 23 of 46 (18,024 Views)

[ Edited ]

If you are asking if you should connect the Mouse USB to your laptop before powering up your laptop, then the answer is NO. The steps I wrote is for when the laptop is fully powered. I usually connect the Mouse USB when laptop is fully powered & disconnect it before rebooting or shutting down laptop. 

Student
UmpquaMichael
Message 24 of 46 (17,484 Views)

Try cleaning the plastic lense on the bottom of the mouse with a Q-tip and alcohol.

Student
jafergusonuk
Message 25 of 46 (17,478 Views)

I have seen a lot of posts on here about the mouse/keyboard not working. I have experienced this with my PC an HP Pavillion for which I have used the HP mouse and keyboard but currently use a logitech mouse and keyboard. What I have discovered is that if my mobile phone (or iPad are near to the mouse, it inhibits the mouse and prevents it and the keyboard working properly. I assume there is a competition for the airwaves. Hope that might help.

Student
greggm
Message 26 of 46 (17,427 Views)

I puchased your HPwireless mouse about a month ago at best buy. It is the $10 model.  I guess you get what you pay for.  It is a piece of - you know what-  I have to reload it part of the time and/or switch it off and on.  I would not recommend it to anybody.  Gregg Mullins

Tutor
Treyofhearts
Message 27 of 46 (17,425 Views)

After a few months of erratic mouse action, my wireless keyboard also began to skip letters last week. I tried everything I could, but it got worse and worse. Finally I realized that my wireless mouse and keyboard are about 5 years old and I can get a brand new set for about $50, so I got one of the Logitech sets (mk520) and everything is hunky dory. My guess is that the dongle wore out -- the one thing I finally figured out that seemed to trigger the mouse not working was when my ring-bound schedule was between the mouse and the dongle. Maybe its wireless antennae got screwy after 5 years..? Anyway, I got 4 1/2 good years out of my HP wireless mouse and keyboard, and I am happy to have a new set that gives me no trouble.

Good luck, everybody.

Student
rickinthekitche
Message 28 of 46 (15,054 Views)

I am having the same issue on a relatively new  HP Optical Mouse (1 year old). After I upgraded my HP laptop operating system from Windows 7 Home Premium to W7 Ultimate my mouse stopped working. I ran the trouble shooter...nothing. I unstalled the device and reinstalled...nothing. Changed the battery...nothing. The device manager says the device is working properly but it isn't.  I have noticed lately the the mouse runs through a lot of batteries (like 1 every couple weeks) and thought this was odd since my desktop mouse only has to be changed every few months and is always on.

I gave up and went to the closet too get a Logitech wireless mouse tht came with another kepboard I am not using. Plugged in the receiver and right away it worked so this has me stumped about the HP mouse.

Student
lisa-stephens50
Message 29 of 46 (14,856 Views)

[ Edited ]

my hp wireless mouse works okey for a few min but then the laser light goes out and it stopps working if i turn it off and turn it back on it will start to work and then stopp again  i have tried everything i can think of but am still having this problem the keyboard is working fine its just the mouse that isnt they are only four months old and came as a wireless set with my 310 112f touchsmart desktop all in one computer  would appreciate any help or what to do about this any checks i made on the computer says its working okay and it does until the light on the bottom of my mouse goes out  thankyou lisa {Personal Information Removed}

Student
missndee
Message 30 of 46 (14,033 Views)

[ Edited ]

Just wanted to say thx for the help Electro1.  I did what u said and it works great now! I had been messing around with it for about 30 min. when I decided to check the forum and went through it and found yours and tdid what u suggested and had it working within a min or two. This happens every so often and I spend quite a bit of time trying to get it to work so I will remember the solution u gave. Anyone who is looking for help, this is the one to use. Once again thx   Electro1 is the person who gave a great and very easy fix, Their solution is on page 2 near the bottom of page. For those of you who don't know where the blue flashing lights are, they are located at the front of the laptop on the bottom half,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation