HPG62 219-WM Keyboard not working (1951 Views)
Top Student
rockomocko
Message 1 of 3 (1,951 Views)
Accepted Solution

HPG62 219-WM Keyboard not working

I have been working on Hp G62 laptop over the last week. The owner brought it to me with the keyboard off and in not working order. He said, the keyboard just quit working. I could not get his old keyboard to work so, I ordered him a new one. By the way a usb keyboard does work . I check the warranty on this laptop & it is still good but, by removing the keyboard I have no idea if he void the warranty.  I got the new keyboard today and installed it & it works just like his old keyboard not working. no keys work but the wireless key does light up & at boot the caps locks key flashes on & off.  I hope some has a solution & if anything to me if he void his warranty. I feel the problem might be  a motherboard issue, it still could be a software one to.

Top Student
rockomocko
Message 2 of 3 (1,876 Views)

Re: HPG62 219-WM Keyboard not working

I posted having issue's with G62-219wm keyboard not working. I replaced with new keyboard & still no difference & reset system & restored to factory settings. I concluded it was a bad motherboard so, I contacted Hp & it  was still under warranty so, I shipped it in & sure enough they had to replace the motherboard. The problem was it would no longer type or any of the key's would function so, one thing was the wireless light would work & the key caps light would function. If you plug in a usb keyboard it would work like a charm. I hope this help's others who have a G62 Hp laptop/

Student
ARABINDA
Message 3 of 3 (1,444 Views)

Re: HPG62 219-WM Keyboard not working

KINDLY TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM

ARABINDA

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation