Question

Top Student
Stephan_Venegas
Message 1 of 5 (113 Views)
Accepted Solution

HPG62-229WM Pavilion Notebook pc Charging New Battery

How long do I charge my new replacement 12cell primary battery ?
Do I have to reset the startup error #106 message ? "replace primary battery error106" go to www.hp.com/go/tech/startup 

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 5 (108 Views)

Re: HPG62-229WM Pavilion Notebook pc Charging New Battery

Hi,

Until 100%. Anyway, new smart batteries now do not need to charge overnight like the old Nicad batteries. You can charge it and use it at the same time and this will STOP when 100%.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
Stephan_Venegas
Message 3 of 5 (105 Views)

i rEPLACED MY 6cell with a larger 12 cell battery . But im still gtting the startup error 601 and my battery seemes to only last maybe 3 1/2 hrs max ???
 thank you  for responding

HP Support Agent
Sparkles1
Message 4 of 5 (62 Views)

Hi Stephan_Venegas,

Thank you for your query, I will do my best to assist you.

I grasp you have replaced the original battery with a 12 cell and are still receiving  startup error 106.

Here is a link to the maintenance and service guide for your notebook Compaq Presario CQ62 Notebook PC and HP G62 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide. Please note page 35 item 16 for the recommended replacement batteries.

Here is a link to Purchasing a Replacement Battery which has links for testing and calibrating the battery.  I would suggest you try that step as it should resolve the issue for you.

HP Battery Alert Appears Before Windows Starts.

Please let me know the results.

Sparkles1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Top Student
Stephan_Venegas
Message 5 of 5 (45 Views)

WONDERFUL TO HAVE YOUR GRACIOUS SUPPORT AND HELP THANK YOU O SO MUCH >';*<

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation