Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
LW46OUA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I turned my computer then it froze so I turned it of then back on then it  showed this: Boot Device Not Found Please Install an Operating system on your hard disk. Hard Disk - (3F0)
I  performed a "Start-up Test" and it said "Hard Disk not Exist." I also ran the BIOS "Primary hard drive self test" and it also said "Hard drive not Exist.
Please Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ouch.  That error normally indicates the hard drive has failed.  I would start by replacing the hard drive and seeing if the PC can recognize the new drive.  Without doing anything to the present drive except taking it out, then try running the Recovery disk set on the new drive.  I cannot find info on LW46OUA#ABA, perhaps a different model number?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Ouch.  That error normally indicates the hard drive has failed.  I would start by replacing the hard drive and seeing if the PC can recognize the new drive.  Without doing anything to the present drive except taking it out, then try running the Recovery disk set on the new drive.  I cannot find info on LW46OUA#ABA, perhaps a different model number?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thank you "The Old Man". What hard drive would you recomend? 1 TB of memory is about all i need.

HP Recommended

As I said in previous post, I cannot find info on the LW46OUA#ABA.  Please look HERE and provide the model number that this site recognizes. 

But 1TB is may still be doable

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Here is a link to the Custom Model Page: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-dv7-6100-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/5082216/mo...

Thank you for being so helpful 🙂

Also, the 1 TB might even be to much data for me. My current laptop has (or had, before the hard drive failed) 500-600 GB

and that was fine for me.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the link.  I see where you got the other model number, as it shows it on THIS SPEC.  That page also says it came with a 640GB drive.  If you really do not expect to need a 1TB drive, I would go with a 750GB as the largest.  That would/should limit problems due to the size.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thank you for all your help!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.