Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Thanks David and Dunidar.
HP Recommended

HELP! I don't see flash drive listed as an option in my boot menu. Anyone know why or how I can fix it?

HP Recommended

Is there anyway for me to recover my files off of my filed hard drive?

HP Recommended

Hi,

my laptop also showed the same problem, Hard disk short DST failed. I even can't start my laptop. My warrenty finished just last months : 24-11-2013 😞 . I faced this problem quite earlier. But that time I thought that it's not that serious. But now it's totally down. What might be the probem and what should I do now ?

HP Recommended

Hello, 

I am adressing you today about what had happened to my HP Pavilion Sleekbook 15 PC.

This morning, I had droppped my laptop and everything froze and the screen went black.

I had tryed to reboot my PC but windows had adressed the error Code: 0x000000d. It said

that i had no media hooked up to my PC, yet I did.  To adress this, I had decided to rebuild my PC from 

a windows 8.1 image I had found from microsoft. I had succsess mounting the file to the drive.

I popped it in my laptop and went through the UEFI settings and reached a point to boot from the

efi file on the flash drive. When I did, I went to the windows setup. I had the program install windows 

onto the hard drive. An error message apeared sating that the partition could not be created for

the hard drive. So then I decided to go through the UEFI once again and perform a hard drive test using the HP hardware test utility. The hard drive SMART check had passed, but the hard drive DST Check failed, which brought me here to find 

out that my hard drive is broken :Crying:

Thank you for your time.

HP Recommended

My Hitachi made, 500Gb hard drive failed in Aug 2013 with same problem. It was 13 mos old with a 12 mo warranty. HP could replace it for about $200 and they weren't interested in discussing the short life of my hard drive. Take a look around this support forum for hard drive failures. At the time mine failed, I looked for about 10 minutes and found 26 other drive failures - same situation.

So I went to my local Big Chain computer folks and they put  in a replacement solid state 128Gb drive for less than $150! Oh, and HP says I must/should replace with same size drive or larger.  5 mos in & no problems & still lots of space.

No more defragging or disk maint, using less power & less heat as a result, less chance of drive failure due to impacts. And solid states are getting cheaper every day.   NO THANKS to HP I've made my laptop better. But I won't buy another HP.

HP Recommended

Thats acually a really good solution. When I had bought my PC I had gotten the warranty with it. So as of right now, it's in for repairs. Unfortunatly, the hard drive is broken for sure and the pc didnt come with recovery disks! But if he cannot repair my laptop, I will buy something else than an hp. My sister in fact had a brand new HP Pavilion Notebook 15, but it had kept on blue screening and she did not like the specs or hardware. So she got an acer. Which would most likeily be my next PC.

HP Recommended

Hello DP-K

I have read the forum looking for answers and noticed that you kindly offered assistance for a very similar problem.

I have a Envy 14 - 1110NR. It gets stuck on windows 7's Welcome screen.

Ran and failed the start up test:

Memory Test: passed

Smart check: passed

Short Dst: failed

failure ID: 0G8D4W-5B571F-XD6U2K-60WT03

Hard Disk 1 

I ran the hard disk test and within less than a minute failed

Since my warranty is off I would be very interested in the guide to replace the Hard Drive. 

Thank you very much in advance.

HP Recommended

Apparently I have no hard dist to boot my laptop it says hard disk does not exist yet the memory is at 100 percentwhen I ran the diagnostic test it passed but the hard disk test did not pass notebook model Presario cq56 notebook pc
Product number xy871ua#aba
Serial number [edited Serial Number by  Moderator]
the memory is at 2048 Mb
Ont of the many errors are 03f0
Please help. I think it may be a virus

HP Recommended
Disk* not dist
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.