Question

Top Student
Sheila11284
Message 1 of 7 (201 Views)
Accepted Solution

Hard disk error

Last friday when I got a message on my computer. I started up my computer and waited for my screen lock to come up. But it didn't.

Instead a screen that showed a message ( Hard Disk Error Please run the Hard disk test in system Diagnostics. Hard disk 1(3F1) f2 System Diagnostics. For more information, please visit: www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup ).

Yes, I ran the test. Actually I ran both of them. The Hard drive check passed but the Memory test appears Smart check & short DST not installed,

Either way, when I press exit after taking the test it brings me back to the SAME screen ( HARD disk error ) i went to Bugs to ask for help and they said i need to contact Hp.Please help me.

My product is a HP Pavilion x360

And I got it this June 13,2014
Provost
Huffer
Message 2 of 7 (196 Views)

Re: Hard disk error

I am having trouble following your report of the diagnostic result. The short DST and SMART check are for the hard drive, not the memory and if it says not installed it means it is not seeing a hard drive...electrically dead. These models have almost no user accessible parts so really all you can do is call HP and initiate a warranty claim. 

Top Student
Sheila11284
Message 3 of 7 (191 Views)

Yes, as i said i ran the test, both of them. The Hard drive check passed but the Memory test appears Smart check & short DST not installed, but its not electrically dead because it is turning on everytime i switch on the power but the same story, hard diak error please run....
Provost
Huffer
Message 4 of 7 (188 Views)

I meant the hard drive is electrically dead, not the computer. 

Top Student
Sheila11284
Message 5 of 7 (182 Views)

Yes,your right. What does the warranty meant? ( i dont have any idea)
Provost
Huffer
Message 6 of 7 (154 Views)

If the computer is less than a year old HP will probably repair it at their cost. If you live in the U.S. call 1-800-HP-INVENT and get to personal computer support to make a warranty claim. Likely they will send a box for it and have it shipped to and returned from a repair center. 

Top Student
Sheila11284
Message 7 of 7 (148 Views)

Thank you very much for your help and advice!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation