Question

Honor Student
PORU
Message 1 of 15 (3,628 Views)

Hard disk partition issue in HP Pavilion DV6-6155TX

Hey I want to know the steps regarding Hard-disk partition in my DV-6 6155TX notebook.

My notebook configuration is:

Windows 7 Home basic 64bit, 750 HDD.

Earlier I tried partition but it lead to system failure. Through recovery disks I restored my system. I have restored everything but an extra partition Q(Drive) is still existing which is having space 14 Gb but it is showing zero used space and zero free space.

Right now I have got two drives Drive C (688Gb) and D(recovery 14 Gb). I just want one more partition in my C drive, please suggest partition process and how I can use that extra Q drive space.

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 15 (3,603 Views)

Re: Hard disk partition issue in HP Pavilion DV6-6155TX

[ Edited ]

Welcome to the HP Forum! :smileyhappy:

PORU wrote:

Hey I want to know the steps regarding Hard-disk partition in my DV-6 6155TX notebook.

My notebook configuration is:

Windows 7 Home basic 64bit, 750 HDD.

Earlier I tried partition but it lead to system failure. Through recovery disks I restored my system. I have restored everything but an extra partition Q(Drive) is still existing which is having space 14 Gb but it is showing zero used space and zero free space.

Right now I have got two drives Drive C (688Gb) and D(recovery 14 Gb). I just want one more partition in my C drive, please suggest partition process and how I can use that extra Q drive space.

If you want to use the standard partitioning scheme then you need to make one more Primary partition from your free space  called HP_Tools that must be formatted as FAT32. You can do this by going to Control Panel-->Administrative tools and then Computer Management. I will edit this post and post an image of what it should look like.   You will have to shrink your C: partition to give yourself room for the HP_Tools partition. You also need to install the HP Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI). UEFI is very important for you to install. The UEFI installer will create the HP_Tools partition for you if you allow it. That is a good thing. Having UEFI installed makes upgrading BIOS safe and allows you to roll back to a previous BIOS if your BIOS file becomes corrupt,
HP standard  Partitioning scheme.PNG

Kind regards,
erico

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
chetanrajan
Message 3 of 15 (3,369 Views)

I purchased dv6 6155Tx. I want to create 1 partition of 300 GB. 

I am not able to do that. Could you please let me know how I can do this

Student
rinkuswami
Message 4 of 15 (1,973 Views)

sir, my self rinku swami i want hard disk partition so please give me solution with complate detail.

Student
hnynazeeb
Message 5 of 15 (1,356 Views)

Actualy there is no partition facility in windows 7 home basic
so if u want partition then upgarde to home premium or ultimate

:smileyhappy:

Top Student
Pranjal16
Message 6 of 15 (846 Views)

Can we shrink one hard disk and extent the volume of other hard disk

Distinguished Professor
anthony82
Message 7 of 15 (831 Views)

Hello Pranjal16,

You want to repartition your HDD.

Here is a link to a document that will walk you through the steps.

Let me know how everything goes

Have a good day.

Top Student
Pranjal16
Message 8 of 15 (825 Views)

Can We save some our personal data in c drive. Without harming any files of windows as well our data

Top Student
Pranjal16
Message 9 of 15 (824 Views)

your link is very useful
Distinguished Professor
anthony82
Message 10 of 15 (810 Views)

Pranjal16,

You can save files in the C drive that is the default; I wouldn’t suggest that you save anything under the D drive.

There isn’t much space and is used to repair the computer if any software problems happen.

Have a good day.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation