Question

Honor Student
PORU
Message 1 of 15 (3,664 Views)

Hard disk partition issue in HP Pavilion DV6-6155TX

Hey I want to know the steps regarding Hard-disk partition in my DV-6 6155TX notebook.

My notebook configuration is:

Windows 7 Home basic 64bit, 750 HDD.

Earlier I tried partition but it lead to system failure. Through recovery disks I restored my system. I have restored everything but an extra partition Q(Drive) is still existing which is having space 14 Gb but it is showing zero used space and zero free space.

Right now I have got two drives Drive C (688Gb) and D(recovery 14 Gb). I just want one more partition in my C drive, please suggest partition process and how I can use that extra Q drive space.

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 15 (3,639 Views)

Re: Hard disk partition issue in HP Pavilion DV6-6155TX

[ Edited ]

Welcome to the HP Forum! :smileyhappy:

PORU wrote:

Hey I want to know the steps regarding Hard-disk partition in my DV-6 6155TX notebook.

My notebook configuration is:

Windows 7 Home basic 64bit, 750 HDD.

Earlier I tried partition but it lead to system failure. Through recovery disks I restored my system. I have restored everything but an extra partition Q(Drive) is still existing which is having space 14 Gb but it is showing zero used space and zero free space.

Right now I have got two drives Drive C (688Gb) and D(recovery 14 Gb). I just want one more partition in my C drive, please suggest partition process and how I can use that extra Q drive space.

If you want to use the standard partitioning scheme then you need to make one more Primary partition from your free space  called HP_Tools that must be formatted as FAT32. You can do this by going to Control Panel-->Administrative tools and then Computer Management. I will edit this post and post an image of what it should look like.   You will have to shrink your C: partition to give yourself room for the HP_Tools partition. You also need to install the HP Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI). UEFI is very important for you to install. The UEFI installer will create the HP_Tools partition for you if you allow it. That is a good thing. Having UEFI installed makes upgrading BIOS safe and allows you to roll back to a previous BIOS if your BIOS file becomes corrupt,
HP standard  Partitioning scheme.PNG

Kind regards,
erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
chetanrajan
Message 3 of 15 (3,405 Views)

I purchased dv6 6155Tx. I want to create 1 partition of 300 GB. 

I am not able to do that. Could you please let me know how I can do this

Student
rinkuswami
Message 4 of 15 (2,009 Views)

sir, my self rinku swami i want hard disk partition so please give me solution with complate detail.

Student
hnynazeeb
Message 5 of 15 (1,392 Views)

Actualy there is no partition facility in windows 7 home basic
so if u want partition then upgarde to home premium or ultimate

:smileyhappy:

Top Student
Pranjal16
Message 6 of 15 (882 Views)

Can we shrink one hard disk and extent the volume of other hard disk

Distinguished Professor
anthony82
Message 7 of 15 (867 Views)

Hello Pranjal16,

You want to repartition your HDD.

Here is a link to a document that will walk you through the steps.

Let me know how everything goes

Have a good day.

Top Student
Pranjal16
Message 8 of 15 (861 Views)

Can We save some our personal data in c drive. Without harming any files of windows as well our data

Top Student
Pranjal16
Message 9 of 15 (860 Views)

your link is very useful
Distinguished Professor
anthony82
Message 10 of 15 (846 Views)

Pranjal16,

You can save files in the C drive that is the default; I wouldn’t suggest that you save anything under the D drive.

There isn’t much space and is used to repair the computer if any software problems happen.

Have a good day.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation