Question

Honor Student
newtech
Message 1 of 5 (212 Views)
Accepted Solution

Hard drive compatibility question

Hi. Can anyone tell me if the hard drive in the  dv6-7214nr is compatible for use in HP Probook 4510s? Thanks for any help on this.

Regents Professor
ManjunathTech
Message 2 of 5 (202 Views)

Re: Hard drive compatibility question

Hi

Both the unit has SATA drive which should be compatible but i have a small concern which is the size 750-GB, 7200-rpm, 9.5-mm 633252-001 for hp envy dv6-7214nr notebook pc and 500-GB, 7200-rpm hard drive 575195-001hp probook 4510s. Just for your information i have attached both the manual link for you.

hp envy dv6-7214nr notebook pc

hp probook 4510s

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
Honor Student
newtech
Message 3 of 5 (192 Views)

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Sorry, I'm still confused. I am not tech savvy. Does your reply mean the physical size of the hard drive will not fit? Or will it cause damage to the Probook? Please expand on your reply. Thanks again. :-)

Regents Professor
ManjunathTech
Message 4 of 5 (174 Views)

Hi

Both the Hard drive are SATA so they should work fine on both the Notebook only concern is you need to check the physical size of the hard drive if it is going to fit in.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
Honor Student
newtech
Message 5 of 5 (160 Views)

Manjunath ,Thank you for your prompt and informative replies. Worked out great. :-)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation