Question

Honor Student
RamV
Message 1 of 12 (7,161 Views)
Accepted Solution

Help needed: replacement of display panel (HP Pavilion G7-1150US)

Hi all,

My brand new (< 2months old) HP Pavilion G7 1150US laptop's screen is broken, I need help in buying the panel. Where can I purchase the display panel.

I dont need the complete display assembly (unless the cost is not more than a few bucks of that of the panel alone), i just need the panel.

PART number: 641395-001

17.3” Diagonal HD+ High-Definition HP LED BrightView Widescreen Display (1600 x900) 

Thanks in advance.

Ram

Distinguished Professor
kamatr
Message 2 of 12 (7,139 Views)

Re: Help needed: replacement of display panel (HP Pavilion G7-1150US)

You can buy it from HP directly over here or try to do a thorough search over ebay/Google. 

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
Provost
Huffer
Message 3 of 12 (7,141 Views)

eBay:

auction

Youtube

I did not watch the video but it cannot hurt for you to do so. If you need more help post back. I actually think it is easier to replace just the panel as opposed to the entire assembly, but that is me.

Honor Student
RamV
Message 4 of 12 (7,131 Views)

Thanks a lot :smileyhappy:

Student
hpuser95630
Message 5 of 12 (6,652 Views)

Mine is less than two months old. I just opened it after my 14months old tried to open it, and the screen is broken. I cannot believe that. He barely put his hand on it. That's the first HP I bought again after a long break because they used to overheat so much and I gave it another chance. I simply cannot believe that. I had laptops fall off a table before and this screen broke when a 14 month old pressed his fingers on it. Unbelievable.

Is this a super fragile screen? How did yours break?

Honor Student
Pjerky
Message 6 of 12 (6,547 Views)

[ Edited ]

Geez, my father just called me yesterday about his. He closed it up and carried it downstairs. When he opened it back up again there was a huge crack in the screen. He has never had this problem before and he has been through multiple laptops, most HPs. I would be willing to bet that the screen has a fragility problem with it. His laptop is only 2 months old as well.

If you have had a problem like this with this model please email me about it: [Personal Information Removed]

I think we need to team up and pressure HP about the quality of their parts.

Honor Student
bailona
Message 7 of 12 (6,364 Views)

We sure do!  I don't even know what happened that made it crack! I have had it less than a month! F'ing HP will not do anything. They want 350 to fix the piece of crap. I will never by another HP again.

Student
chala010
Message 8 of 12 (4,822 Views)

I bought my HP Pavilion g7 about three months ago.  The screen just cracked without any contact whatsoever.  I think HP is selling these laptops with defective screens and I think they need to recall them and fix the problem.  Otherwise HP is going to ruin its reputation forever.  Anyone with suggestions on what I should do?

Intern
kegsh01
Message 9 of 12 (3,807 Views)

Our USB ports went dead on the left side of our HP 1150 us g7 immediately after our orginaly warranty ran out just like the other person said happens.

We purchased a ONE Year post warranty extension THANK GOD. I had to send our HP 1150 us g7 in after a GREAT HP TECH remotely tested and attempted everything to bring the USB ports back to life.

It was the MOTHERBOARD, it was only one year old.

We were very happy with the service tech, the time it took to get it back however the next day after receiving our HP 1150 us g7 back after using it with a great cooling pad, I always did, the fan is making noises.

UNBELIEVEABLE, we just got it back and we were excited by the speed and skill of those who worked on it however the next day the fan is making noises now.

I am reading too many reviews of heating issues with HPs when I started searching today about fan noises.

HP products had served us very well over the years until they merged with Compaq, now I see the HPs failing and the lack of quality that was a part of Compaq's history for years.

Too bad, it only hurts the companies to go cheaper because they destroy themselves when their sales drop.

Student
Yankeejones
Message 10 of 12 (3,200 Views)

I haven't even had mine 2 weeks & I closed it and when I opened it again it was cracked. What a piece of crap. I'm not sure what I'm suppose to do now.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation