Question

Honor Student
CQ60-216TU
Message 1 of 4 (178 Views)

Hi. I have a compaq cq 60-216tu running vista home premium sp 2. webcam issue

I am having issues with the built in web cam. It keeps saying that another program is using it or the device is not present.  In Device manager, it is listed as usb Webcam with a microsoft driver. How can I trace what program is stopping me from using it on msn messenger etc. Even the factory program you cam can't access it

Master's Graduate
Jolly_Rogers
Message 2 of 4 (169 Views)

Re: Hi. I have a compaq cq 60-216tu running vista home premium sp 2. webcam issue

Please update the latest webcam driver available on the support and driver download page on hp.com. I would also recommend you to update the BIOS for your notebook and then check if this helps to resolve your issue.
Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
CQ60-216TU
Message 3 of 4 (159 Views)

Re: Hi. I have a compaq cq 60-216tu running vista home premium sp 2. webcam issue

Hi. I have applied the latest bios update <from ver f.33 to f.65> & updated the driver <guessing that is the youcam update>.  Still no joy with the webcam.   Is there a program somewhere that can tell me what program is claiming exclusive use of the webcam & preventing youcam from accessing it?

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 4 of 4 (102 Views)

Hi. I have a compaq cq 60-216tu running vista home premium sp 2. webcam issue

Take a look at the document below, which deals with multiple webcam issues with Windows Vista. Let me know if this helps.

http://goo.gl/lylzH

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation