Question

Honor Student
AnnunakiChan
Message 1 of 4 (212 Views)

High Pitched Noise

I purchased an HP 2000 Notebook PC (Product Number F8Q67UA#ABA) with Windows 8 less than a month ago and for the last week, it has started making a high pitched buzzing/humming noise at random times for a few seconds at a time. It's starting to occur more often and increase in volume, which is worrisome. It sounds like the noise is coming from the right side of my laptop, where the CD drive is located, but I haven't put a disc in it since the noise started. How can I fix this? I had to have this shipped all the way to Japan, so I'm really hoping this isn't a serious problem.

Regents Professor
SuperMario1
Message 2 of 4 (182 Views)

Re: High Pitched Noise

Hello AnnunakiChan,

Welcome to the HP Forums! I hope you enjoy your stay!

I understand that the computer is making a buzzing side. Normally, this is hardware related. I would seriously consider calling HP phone support for hardware support. You can utilize this website to learn how to contact HP appropriately, based on your region: Contact HP Worldwide

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thanks for bringing this issue to the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" next to it to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
AnnunakiChan
Message 3 of 4 (168 Views)

I talked to a technician via HP's online chat and he (or she) updated my BIOS for me so I'm hoping that will take care of it. I don't think I'm ready to try sending this back to America or get this fixed in Japan - I have enough trouble understanding technology in English, let alone Japanese. Hopefully this will help if anyone else is having the same issue, but I'll post again if the noise recurs.

Thanks for your advice!

Honor Student
AnnunakiChan
Message 4 of 4 (165 Views)

Welp, that didn't take long - it's already making the same noise again. *sigh*

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation