How can I disable the Touch Pad mouse on my HP Pavilion g7-1260us Notebook PC? Runs on Windows 7. (27285 Views)
Honor Student
frangordon
Message 1 of 7 (27,285 Views)
Accepted Solution

How can I disable the Touch Pad mouse on my HP Pavilion g7-1260us Notebook PC? Runs on Windows 7.

How can I disable the Touch Pad mouse on my HP Pavilion g7-1260us Notebook PC?  Runs on Windows 7.

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 7 (27,270 Views)

Re: How can I disable the Touch Pad mouse on my HP Pavilion g7-1260us Notebook PC? Runs on Windows

Hi,

See the explanation under the sub-heading 'Disable the ClickPad' in the document on the link below.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01983909&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc...

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
dorisnight
Message 3 of 7 (20,897 Views)

Re: How can I disable the Touch Pad mouse on my HP Pavilion g7-1260us Notebook PC? Runs on Windows

How can I disable the Touch Pad mouse on my HP Pavilion g7-1260us Notebook PC?  Runs on Windows

Student
Bobella
Message 4 of 7 (12,949 Views)

how can i disable my the mousepad on my hp pavillion dv9700t which has been reset with windows 7 but without the hp software

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 5 of 7 (12,865 Views)

Bobella wrote:

how can i disable my the mousepad on my hp pavillion dv9700t which has been reset with windows 7 but without the hp software

Hello Bobella.

There should be a small light that you can touch and activate in the touch left corner of the mousepad.

I hope this helps.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

Student
cindiebeau
Message 6 of 7 (10,824 Views)

I typed Pavilion g7-2017 and somehow the subject came up 1260.  I just need to know how to disable the Touch Pad mouse in the HP Pavilion because I have a wireless mouse and for some reason whenever I try to use it, the mouse jumps up several emails or does not allow me to open a link within an email; it literlly bounces back up tro the begining of the email.  I tried to do a search with an answer to no avail.  Please advise.

cindiebeau

Provost
DavidPK
Message 7 of 7 (10,772 Views)

Hi,

See the sub-heading 'Disable the ClickPad' on the following link.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01983909&tmp_task=useCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=e...

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation