Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I don't know how exactly, but I believe that on my Pavilion 15 laptop it is possible to right click by doing some weird tap thing on the touchpad. I only want to right click using the right click button and find it annoying when I try to use the touchpad to normal click but it right clicks instead.

When I go to the synaptics settings panel I can't see anything about disabling the right click on the touchpad feature. ANy idea how I can disable it? The touchpad is the same texture/look for all of it - I can't see or feel any designated right click zone. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I agree.  This area is called the "right button zone."  Since I can use two fingers to right click, this zone is redundant and pretty annoying.  In the touchpad drivers I can increase the size but can't disable it or shrink it.  HP, can you address this?

thanks

HP Recommended

You can disable the corner click action from the Synaptics ClickPad properties tool.

Go to Mouse Properties, click on ClickPad Settings from the ClickPad Settings tab.

Then, select Clicking and click on the Gear icon that appears at the right.

From the Clicking window screen, set the Corner Click Action option to Primary Click (normal select, normal drag).

NOTE: If you set it to Disabled, you will basically have a dead zone on the trackpad.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.