Question

Honor Student
Ipsissima
Message 1 of 5 (2,060 Views)

How can I get a Pavilion dv6t-7000 Speaker Mesh Sticker?

[ Edited ]

I replaced the screen on my Pavilion dv6, and to do that I had to take off the sticker that is over the display speakers. Now I would like to replace the sticker as it doesn't sit flat against the computer.

In the manual the part is named display bezel screw cover (pdf page 98, booklet page 90)

On the PartSurfer, under the display options it says "Speaker mesh sticker needed".

So those are the two names I have found for this item. But I do not know how to obtain it.

IMAG0561.jpgIMAG0562.jpgIMAG0563.jpg

Honor Student
eltoddo
Message 2 of 5 (244 Views)

Re: How can I get a Pavilion dv6t-7000 Speaker Mesh Sticker?

[ Edited ]

Did this not get an answer? I need one too and have only found price gougers wanting over $30 for the sticker. The stupid replacement screen cost only $75!

Curse you HP! It is bad design to put screws behind non-replaceable stickers! Shame on your product managers for allowing such an explicit design flaw...

HP Support Agent
Dunidar
Message 3 of 5 (236 Views)

Hello both Ipsissima and eltoddo,

I can provide you with the part number for the DISPLAY SCREW - Speaker mesh included which is 682093-001 and can tell you that the part is currently still available through the HP Parts Store.

I hope this helps. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
Honor Student
eltoddo
Message 4 of 5 (233 Views)

Hi Dunidar,

Thanks for digging up that part number. I'm glad to see that there does seem to be a solution in sight, but when the item is in my cart and I click Place Order, I get redirected to a message saying the part is either not found or not orderable. See the attached image for a screenshot of the error I'm getting...

Part Not Orderable.PNG

So close, yet so far. Any adeas what's up?

Thanks!

HP Support Agent
Dunidar
Message 5 of 5 (231 Views)

Hello again eltoddo,

I can see how that would be an issue. Well as you know what part number you are looking for recommend you contact HP Technical Support and have them place the order.

I would like to thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation