Re: How can I remove my keyboard HP Pavilion dv5 - 2134us (969 Views)
Honor Student
AToxicNinja
Message 1 of 6 (1,022 Views)

How can I remove my keyboard HP Pavilion dv5 - 2134us

Ok so I know this has been asked by many people before, but How can I remove my keyboard from my HP Pavilion dv5 2134us Laptop? Please Don't refer me to the matience manual, because I have read it. The problem is, that it is VERY vague. I removed the two screws holding the keyboard, and tried to stick a screwdriver in the hole, and push gently, however, the keyboard won't budge. I can get a corner up, and thats it. I Don't wanna try to force it off because I don't want to break it and have to buy a new one. I did what the manual said but they keyboard does not dislodge from its spot.

Is there some kind of release lever or something?

Thanks

~AToxicNinja

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 6 (1,010 Views)

Re: How can I remove my keyboard HP Pavilion dv5 - 2134us

Hi,

Page #65 of the following manual may help:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02666786.pdf

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
AToxicNinja
Message 3 of 6 (1,005 Views)

[ Edited ]

I said "please don't refer me to the manual because it is too vague and doesn't help me"  :/. I did what it said, it is just the keyboard won't come out... It is either stuck or I have to do something else that the manual does not say. And I don't want to push too hard or I'll break it. It says push gently, so I do, and nothing.

Provost
banhien
Message 4 of 6 (998 Views)

Hi,

Are you saying you can't read the manual ? Sorry, I'm probably very far away.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
AToxicNinja
Message 5 of 6 (996 Views)

no, I already read the manual. it does not help. All it says is to unscrew 2 screws holding the keyboard, then push a screwdriver in one hole and the keyboard will pop out. the thing is, I did all that but they keyboard did not come out, and I can't take it out.
Regents Professor
lions99
Message 6 of 6 (969 Views)

Hi, 

I see that you're having an issue removing the keyboard. You can follow this video which should guide you through a couple steps on how to replace the keyboard. 

If you have any more questions let me know.

THX

Also, remember if you find this post helpful or want to say thanks make sure to click the white star under my name to give me Kudos.

I really appreciate it!

Thanks!

I work for HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation