Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi lisagil3178,

Welcome to the HP Forums! I see that you are having some Bluetooth issues? What device are you trying to connect? Part of the problem is going to be that there are no specific drivers for your model for Windows 8 that could be why you are missing the Change Bluetooth Settings. In your Device Manager what do you have listed for your Bluetooth Adapter, check under Bluetooth and Network Adapters.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Having the same problem... 😞
followed your instruction but there's no bluetooth setting...

Untitled0.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi ChrisTan,

Welcome to the HP Community! That is odd that you don't have a Bluetooth Setting option. What happens when you select Add Bluetooth Device? What is the product number for your notebook? What do you see in your Device Manager under Bluetooth? Do you have any unknown devices? If so what is the hardware ID?

Thank you,

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Hi!

I'm trying to connect my Samsung Galaxy 4 to an HP2000 with windows 8. When I look into the control panel, the only thing I with the blue tooth logo is: bthudtask but i don't see anything stating "change settings"
HP Recommended
I tried to add a device but nothing is never found on my pc.
HP Recommended

Hi lisagil3178,

That bthudtask is actually a program that removes Bluetooth pairing. It doesn't appear as if your Windows recognizes your Bluetooth adapter. Try this document about turning on Bluetooth try that and then go to your Device Manager and right click one of your devices and select scan for changes to see if it find it then.

Thank you,

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

My product number is E0K02UAR#ABA

HP Recommended

When I click the Windows + W keys and search "Bluetooth," I do not have the tab for "Change Bluetooth Settings." Why is this?

HP Recommended

I have got the same problem,when i go to the PC settings to turn on the bluetooth,the icon shows inactive.I attempted the avove procedures to resolve the problem,it goes right upto search only after that it doesnot show the option "Change Bluetooth Settings".I am unable to share the files from any devices.
One more problem i got,because of bluetooth problem i opted the USB transfer to transfer files from my phone to PC.The USB get connected but it does not show the option for file transfer. 
Now i am in the condition that i cant transfer files to my PC from any other devices.

HP Recommended

bluetooth Hp Win 8.png

There no option for bluetooth .. kindly help 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.