How do I turn on keyboard backlight on envy 4t-1000 (2339 Views)
Honor Student
Caity
Message 1 of 3 (2,339 Views)
Accepted Solution

How do I turn on keyboard backlight on envy 4t-1000

So, I got my computer yesterday and I've been fiddling with it since then. But, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to turn on/control the keyboard backlight. I don't see any obvious buttons or controls when I search the start menu. So, I'm wondering if I'm just not looking in the right spots or if it computer just didn't come with the backlight I ordered.

I looked at one guide on hp backlit keyboards and it showed the f5 key as a possible controller, but mine is just black with a little f5 in the upper corner. I'm kinda leaning toward hp messed up when building it, so I'd like to confirm that so I can start trying to get money back.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 3 (2,328 Views)

Re: How do I turn on keyboard backlight on envy 4t-1000

[ Edited ]

Hi,

If it had a backlit keyboard, it will "glow" by fefault. Anyway you can try one of these methods:

• Press and hold the fn key and then press the space bar .
  • Press the F5 key.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
Caity
Message 3 of 3 (2,325 Views)

Re: How do I turn on keyboard backlight on envy 4t-1000

Okay, yeah, no backlight then. It wasn't lit up when I got it and neither of those do anything. Thank you!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation