Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I can't believe HP continues to change the format and functionality of the standard keyboard. After going into the BIOS and swtiching the fn key functionality to make the F# keys the default, I still cannot use any combination of fn, control and insert to invoke the standard control + insert = copy function. Has this been done away with? I know all about about ctrl-c bur I prefer ctrl-ins.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

after, like two years, i finally got it working! it only seems to work on the notepad or docs but i'll take it.

but it was a little unclear; (oh it works in the calendar too)

in a document, the office button (for idiots like me) is the circle with the red, blue, yellow, greeen squares in the corner.

click on that or you can press ALT+f to open that, then 'i' to open Word Options, then 'a' for Advanced settings, if you press ALT+ v for Overtype mode, then space bar, you have overtype be controlled by the INSERT button. 

to use the INSERT button for pasting, do all that but instead of the last ALT+v, do ALT+u. this will tell it to use INSERT for paste. it's under the second heading down, cut, copy and paste

HP Recommended

Not only does shift-insert fail to insert, it clears the paste buffer!

Deplorable service throughout.  I would have expected an answer from HP at least explaining the stupid change, even if not offering a fix.

When I looked for a new driver I was challenced to enter the model number of my machine.  OK, it is a Pavillion, but the site wanted more details.  No hint on the machine itself, eventually went via the HP support button on the task bar to find it.

It showed up a Pavillion TS 15.  Tried that, no match!

Copied the code for the model number, alt-tabbed back to the HP site - and of course I pressed shift-enter!!

Went back to load model number this time, HP recognised it this time - as TouchSmart!

But still no corrected driver!

Was asked to send feedback - but details panels were blanked out.  No doubt HP does not waant them!

And it appears that the problem has been around since 2010.

I will certainly not recommend the university to switch their purchasing policy from Dell to HP. 

Come back Compaq, all is forgiven!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.