Question

Honor Student
SPudnut
Message 1 of 4 (5,505 Views)
Accepted Solution

How do you access and replace a pavilion dv7-3173nr cooling fan?

My family member's pavilion dv7-3173nr had a cooling fan stop working. This was noticed during my usual maintenance of it where I take a can of compressed air and spray to clean out the fan. As the air hit it I was expecting the fan to spin but it did not. I then proceeded to turn it on to see if it would spin then but it still would not spin. The warranty just ran out within the past few weeks and the manuals and other resources i have found thus far do not help. If anyone could tell me how to access the fan for this model it would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Spudnut

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 4 (5,466 Views)

Re: How do you access and replace a pavilion dv7-3173nr cooling fan?

Hi:

Here is the maintenance and service guide for the dv7 series of notebooks:

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01918142/c01918142.pdf

Component R & R procedures can be found in Chapter 4. See page 99 for info on how to remove the fan.

Part numbers are also provided both in Chapters 3 and 4.

Paul

Honor Student
SPudnut
Message 3 of 4 (5,462 Views)

Thank you for your help i guess i just didnt see that manual where i looked. Sad that i have to take the whole thing apart to get to the dang fan. Other computers made this easier.

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 4 of 4 (5,459 Views)

[ Edited ]

You're welcome.

It is too bad but hat is usually the case with notebooks that you have to take the whole thing apart to replace components beyond a wireless card or memory.

You have to search for the manual. It shouldn't be that way, but sometimes you do.

I found it listed in the dv7-1000 series. That is the way I had to find the service manual for my dv6000. Not listed in the dv6000 series but in the dv5000 series.

Go figure.

Good luck with your dissection.

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation