How to Release the ZIF connector for keyboard on HP Pavilion DV6-1050US (14142 Views)
Top Student
simonsaysgo
Message 1 of 3 (14,142 Views)

How to Release the ZIF connector for keyboard on HP Pavilion DV6-1050US

[ Edited ]

I am about to replace the keyboard on my dv6-1050us laptop and have the HP Pavilion dv6 Entertainment PC
Maintenance and Service Guide.  During the procedure it says to release the zero insertion force connector, but doesn't say how.

I do not want to break the connector and would like a simple instruction on HOW to release the zif connector as the picture does not show me enough.

I am a novice at this and even opening the laptop will be nerve racking.

Thanks

simon
Student
mi-team
Message 2 of 3 (14,013 Views)

Re: How to Release the ZIF connector for keyboard on HP Pavilion DV6-1050US

The little white plastic strips (maybe black plastic strips on some computers) on the left and right are the ZIF connectors.

You have to push the little white plastic strips on the left and right back toward the monitor, away

from you, and pull the keyboard cable out.  Then, insert the new keyboard cable and pull the little

white plastic strips forward to lock the cable in.  It was easy for me to gently push the strips with

my fingernails.  If the strips are not easy to move, there must be a problem and you should take

your computer to a shop to avoid breaking them.

Honor Student
Cisdowan228
Message 3 of 3 (4,794 Views)

Re: How to Release the ZIF connector for keyboard on HP Pavilion DV6-1050US

On each side ot the keyboard connector is a little white clip  You can push each clip out as far as they will go on each side and this will release the keyboard cable from the zif socket..  When replacing place cable end as far inside of the socket as it will go and then push each white clip in until it clicks and this will secure the cable.  Hope this help.  I tried to upload a picture from the manual but it would not take.  Sorry...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation