Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I got HP Pavilion g6 series Notebook, and am trying to pair up with a bluetooth device.

I can connect to the device via my iPhone alright.

Problem is that I do not know if my laptop supports bluetooth,

and if it does how to activate it.

I went to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers and tried add a device - no good. 

I tried searching it up in the networks - no good.

would appreciate your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Bluetooth is not usually found in the lower price point laptops. 

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
HP Recommended

Your exact model would be helpful, but if you had a bluetooth device in the laptop it would show up as a device in device manager. Do you have the HP wireless assistant program? It will also show if bluetooth is installed in the laptop. If you just want to sync with a mobile phone you can buy a small bluetooth usb dongle for very cheap. They are almost unnoticeable as they lie flush with the side of the laptop case.

Like this

HP Recommended

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply!

I believe that my exact model is :

• HP Pavilion g6-1353sa 15.6" Laptop - Red

A bluetooth device does not appear in the device manager, nor in the HP connection manager (I installed it),

so I guess that the laptop does not have a built-in bluetooth support, which to be honest, I find quite odd. 

Thanks again,

Offer

HP Recommended

Bluetooth is not usually found in the lower price point laptops. 

HP Recommended

i am not getting bluetooth device

HP Recommended

NICE LINK FOR HB DRIVER BLOTEUTH

HP Recommended

How do i enable the bluetooth icon on my HP Pavilion g6? I cannot connect it with my blackberry phone? 

HP Recommended

Hello Sizah.  What is the model number of your notebook.  This document covers where to locate it.

Do you recieve any error messages when trying to activate the bluetooth?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

pls how can i activate the bluetooth on my hp  g6-2226TU pavilion notebook. thank you

HP Recommended

Hello kofmic,

I see that you are trying to use Bluetooth on your HP computer. I have a couple of suggestions that may help with this issue.

Here is a link that shows how to use the Bluetooth on a Windows 8 unit. Follow the steps in the link and let me know what happens.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.