How to disable the "Fn" with the new BIOS (4540s) (509 Views)
Student
NikeX
Message 1 of 2 (509 Views)

How to disable the "Fn" with the new BIOS (4540s)

I have 4540s, Win 7 and I want to disable the "Fn". I want to use the function keys without "Fn" key. https://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=dk&dlc=da&docname=c02035108&lc=en&product=4039998 is the solution but in the older BIOSes. How to do this in the new BIOS (with mouse)?

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 2 of 2 (475 Views)

How to disable the "Fn" with the new BIOS (4540s)

I know the consumer models that have the keyboard driven BIOS has an option in system configuration to enable/disable action keys (disabling would let someone just press F5 to get F5's action without pressing the fn key).

However, Probooks are enterprise level and have a very different BIOS setup than consumer models that I am not too familiar with. I have a different product that is also commercial and the ability to disable action keys is missing on mine. A quick search of the consumer forums seems to indicate that this ability is missing on commercial products, but the consumer users may not be aware of how to do this on a probook.

You might get a better answer in the commercial support forums.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation