How to replace CD/DVD drive (2971 Views)
Honor Student
Marks329
Message 1 of 5 (2,971 Views)

How to replace CD/DVD drive

My dvd/cd drive broke recently and ive found a few on ebay im willing to purchase and instead of payign 300$ for hp or best buy to fix it i was wondering if anyone hd instructions on how to personally install a CD/DVD drive for a HP dv2000 special edition lap top?
PhD Student
Gangles
Message 2 of 5 (2,969 Views)

Re: How to replace CD/DVD drive

Before you begin: Remove the battery. Remove the adapter

1. Remove the 8mm P1 Phillips head screw, located in the hard disk drive compartment cover that secures the optical drive to the base enclosure.

Note: Screw location is indicated by the appropriate icon for the tray.

2. Grasp the optical drive by the bezel and slide the drive out of the base enclosure.

Signature:
I currently work on behalf of HP for numerous support departments. The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of myself, not of HP. There is no guarantee that the opinions expressed are 100% correct.
Honor Student
Marks329
Message 3 of 5 (2,968 Views)

then how do ig et the new drive in and what is the bezel?
Associate Professor
Adamtech
Message 4 of 5 (2,953 Views)

You would slide the new drive into the same slot. The bezel is the front part of the drive that matches the computer case.

*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the "Kudos" star to show your thanks!

Honor Student
FreakShow
Message 5 of 5 (2,521 Views)

I believe my CD/DVD Drive may need to be replaced. some forums on the net said that even if my dvd's play the optical eye could be slowing dying. Any suggestions on where to purchase one at? I have a HP DV5Z Pavilion and the warranty was up last month.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation