Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 840 G2
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

1. please help me how to turn on and off NFC on HP EliteBook 840 G2?

2. Do I have to have have Bluetooth enabled on Lumia 930 and be paired with HP EliteBook 840 G2 if

I want to send image file from Nokia Lumia 930 (Windows Phone 8.1) to HP EliteBook 840 G2 with

Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit  ?

3. Is possible to transfer images between Windows 7 64 bit on HP EliteBook 840 G2 and Windows Phone 8.1?

Many thanks for any advice.

R,

Marek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Press the power button and tap the Esc key to invoke the startup menu. 

Now press on the F10 key to enter the BIOS. 

Click on the Advanced tab as seen in the image below. 

Under the Device settings heading, click on built-in device options

NFC is enabled when there is a tick in the box next to NFC and disabled when the tick is removed and the change is saved.

NFC_disable.jpg

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

The best way to transfer images between a SmartPhone and a notebook or desktop PC is by using a usb connection. Install the smartphone's proprietary software and transfer images with ease. You can also do that via Windows Explorer.

The nfc module was an configurable option that had to be ordered for the Elitebook 840 G2. Are you certain that you have it? See the User guide on page 44 for instructions on nfc usage with a smartphone. See the followinfg URTL for the user guide. http://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-c04533763-2.pdf

NFC.jpg

3. Is possible to transfer images between Windows 7 64 bit on HP EliteBook 840 G2 and Windows Phone 8.1? Yes

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi,

I got model H9V82EA.

In The manual is written Windows 8 and not Windows 7.

Where or which app I can disable or enable nfc?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

The procedure for NFC use in the Windows 7 guide is identical. It is just on a different page.

Windows 7 guide

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/action.process/public/psi/manualsDisplay/?s...

HP Recommended

ok, and where I can enable or disable NFC radio?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Press the power button and tap the Esc key to invoke the startup menu. 

Now press on the F10 key to enter the BIOS. 

Click on the Advanced tab as seen in the image below. 

Under the Device settings heading, click on built-in device options

NFC is enabled when there is a tick in the box next to NFC and disabled when the tick is removed and the change is saved.

NFC_disable.jpg

HP Recommended

ok, in BIOS but where to enable or disable it in Windows 7 or the NFC is always ON?

Thanks

HP Recommended

If it is disabled in BIOS, then it will also be disabled in the installed operating system.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.