Hp 2000-140ca notebook wireless adapter problem (662 Views)
Student
Damistep
Message 1 of 2 (662 Views)

Hp 2000-140ca notebook wireless adapter problem

I've had my HP 2000-140ca since about June 2011

Today I woke up to find that my harddrive was fried. I knew this was coming as error messages came up lately, and I had backed up important files in advance. While not the reason I'm posting this, I am extremely disappointed in the length of time the harddrive lasted.

Anyway, since I can't afford to be without the laptop for the length of time it would take to send it away to have it "fixed" under warrenty (basically any amount of time at all) I decided to just buy a new hard drive and deal with it myself.

Hard drive replaced, windows 7 64 installed, many drivers downloaded and also installed. The one problem I seem to have now is that for some reason the wireless driver refuses to install. I've downloaded several different versions as there's a few for this model on the site but nothing seems to work. It just won't detect drivers and when I run the downloaded file it seems to install initially but then fails to do anything. I'm at a loss here and am already suffering the loss of a portable computer. 

Regents Professor
pepe999
Message 2 of 2 (629 Views)

Re: Hp 2000-140ca notebook wireless adapter problem

Do you know what wireless adapter it is? 

Dv6-7000 /Full HD/Core i5-3360M/GF 650M/Corsair 8GB/Intel 7260AC/Samsung Pro 256GB
HP Touchpad provided by HP
Currently on Debian Wheeze

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation