Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello

I purchased a used HP Pavilion DV6000 with Windows 7 32 bit . It did have the webcam working  and I had to do a recovery.

There is no Image Device in the Device Manager.. Does not detect Webcam.

How do I get my webcam working again.

Thank you

Please contact

{Personal Information Removed}

38 REPLIES 38
HP Recommended

Hi:

I believe you have to install the Cyberlink YouCam software.  Did you do that?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-102162-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

Paul

HP Recommended

hello

I need Hp Pavilion DV 6000 Windows 7 32 bit -all drivers.

please help me

THANK

{Personal Information Removed}

HP Recommended

Hi:

Please read the dv6000 Windows 7 upgrade guide at the link below.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and/Windows-7-Upgrade-Guide-for-dv6000-dv900...

Paul

HP Recommended

VVV

HP Recommended

@press_star wrote:

VVV

@press_star wrote:

VVV

@press_star wrote:

VVV

@_star wrote:

HP Recommended
want to download
HP Recommended

Hello lang4.  I understand you want to download the webcam drivers for your notebook.

Normally the webcam drivers are included with the Cyberlink YouCam package that Paul linked to above.  Have you installed this package?  If not, try that first.

If that hasn't worked for you please provide your product number, this document can show you where it is located.  I will use this to locate the software for you.

Have an excellent evening!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

I have the same circumstances as the OP. I installed Youcam but device manager didn't locate a driver for the webcam for my DV6646US. Can you help with a driver? Product GS687UA. TIA

HP Recommended

Hello davidb4775,

Your web cam is not working and you need a driver.

There is not a driver for the webcam since you upgraded to windows 7

Here is a link to trouble shoot the web cam.

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Let me know how everything goes.

Have a good day.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.