Question

Honor Student
hotshot8787
Message 1 of 6 (5,250 Views)

Hp Pavillion dv3-2003TU battery light blinking, plugged in not charging

Hi my laptop Hp Pavillion dv3-2003TU worked perfectly and yesterday I was using it on battery and I connected my N70 phone via bluetooth and was checking some images. In the meantime, I ran CCcleaner and suddenly the laptop get shut down!  There was 36% remaining battery. So I plugged the laptop and switched it on. Then I saw the charging light of it is keep blinking and plugged in not charging message was there. What should I do? Still battery is not charging and that light keeps blinking. Hp battery test says 'a failure in the battery.'. The laptop works perfectly when it is on AC power and it can't be turned on with battery. Please help:smileysad:....  Thank you.

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 6 (5,210 Views)

Re: Hp Pavillion dv3-2003TU battery light blinking, plugged in not charging

[ Edited ]

CCcleaner is not the best program to use if you do not have a complete understanding and a backup of your registry.. The changes that it makes are immediately effective.

Follow the troubleshooting steps in this HP web document to isolate the issue to a cause. Your description certainly sounds like a classic case LioN battery failure to me. How long have you been using that particular battery?

Best regards,
erico

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
hotshot8787
Message 3 of 6 (5,184 Views)

Thanks a lot for your advices and I followed the steps of the document you sent me but the problem remains..  Still  the battery indicator is blinking and the battery is not charging. The laptop can’t be started using only the battery..  The battery is 1 year and 9 months old.

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 6 (5,176 Views)

[ Edited ]

hotshot8787 wrote:

Thanks a lot for your advices and I followed the steps of the document you sent me but the problem remains..  Still  the battery indicator is blinking and the battery is not charging. The laptop can’t be started using only the battery..  The battery is 1 year and 9 months old.

If you performed all of the troubleshooting then you should have arrived at the conclusion that the battery is no longer fully operational. Each paragraph was for a particular part of the power supplies for your notebook. If you didn't arrive at the conclusion, based on the three test scenarios that were given, then you should probably reread the document.

1. Troubleshoot the Power supply.

2 .Troubleshoot the System board

3. Troubleshoot the Battery

I suggest that you replace the battery. Everyone uses their notebook in a different way.  The way some people use their notebooks and maintain the battery, the battery lasts for three to five years. It helps to not leave the notebook plugged in most of the time.

As soon as you can after you replaced the battery...Calibrate it.

Best regards,
erico 

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having

Honor Student
hotshot8787
Message 5 of 6 (5,171 Views)

Thanks a lot Erico…  Yeah me too think I should replace the battery..  I hope to buy a new battery soon. Is there anything I should check when I’m buying a new battery? How to calibrate the new battery? What are the steps? Thanks a lot..

Provost
erico
Message 6 of 6 (5,169 Views)

How to calibrate the battery.

Best regards,
erico

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation