Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello!

I recently bought a new laptop (the old one got stolen), and I was wondering whether I could still use my old charger.

Old charger is from hp pavilion dv7-6c50eb, new laptop is hp envy dv6-7280eb.

Thanks in advance!

Charles

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Can you give us the part number of the two chargers? It will be on the label printed on the "brick". If the old charger plugs in to the new laptop (the plugs should be physically the same) and is the same volts and the same or higher amps (also printed on the bricks) as the new one, you can use it.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Can you give us the part number of the two chargers? It will be on the label printed on the "brick". If the old charger plugs in to the new laptop (the plugs should be physically the same) and is the same volts and the same or higher amps (also printed on the bricks) as the new one, you can use it.

HP Recommended

Well, the old one is 120W, there are several codes on it, 1Z03865505 (in a white rectangle on the right), NSW24204 (top right).

On the right is said (really small):

input: 100-240V   50-60Hz   2.0A

output: 18.5V   6.5A

I'll post the details of the new one tomorrow, as I don't have it here at home.

Thanks for the quick response!

HP Recommended

Ok, I have the new charger here, it says:

120W, again several codes on it, 2X03296903 (in a white rectangle on the right), NSW25775 (top right).

On the right is said (really small):

input: 100-240V   50-60Hz   2.0A

output: 19.5V   6.15A

so i guess I can't use it? What are the risks? 

HP Recommended
Don't plug in the old one but see if it can plug in to the new computer. In other words are the jacks the same?
HP Recommended

The jacks are the same, only the brick is physically different. The old one is thicker than the new one. 

HP Recommended

I would not use the old one. It would work but is lower voltage which would damage circuits over time.

HP Recommended

Ok, thanks for your advice!

HP Recommended

Hi there.

I have an issue. My charger from my dv6 1220ss notebook is dead. When i plugged it without the battery in, and press the power the light went on for 1 second and then off.

So i would like to replace it with another.

I want to know if a charger with serial ED495AA is compatible with my charger PPP012A-S / 463955-001 / AD7012-020G / 519330-004 .

I see that both have the same specs 19V / 4.74A / 90W and the same socket with center ID pin.

Thank you.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.