Question

Tutor
padesy
Message 1 of 5 (11,161 Views)
Accepted Solution

Hp pavilion dv6 vs hp probook 4530s.

please which is better between these two laptops? i dont mind the price i just want to know which one will last longer and is stronger...thanks for your review
Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 5 (11,155 Views)

Re: Hp pavilion dv6 vs hp probook 4530s.

Hi:

The dv6 is a consumer notebook and the 4530s is a business notebook.

Typically business notebooks are better built, and have more BIOS options than consumer notebooks.

The good thing about the consumer notebooks is they normally come standard with better graphics for gaming, etc. You normally have to pay extra for better graphics in the business notebooks.

The standard warranty for a consumer notebook is 1 year where many of the business notebooks come with 3 year warranties, but you would need to check the specifics. I have seen where some resellers have the 4530s for very reasonable prices but they only have 1 year warranties.

For those who have to have XP on their notebooks, the 4530s has support for XP on the HP support and driver page, where the dv6 doesn't.

I have always owned HP business notebooks as I don't play video games and they have performed admirably for me over the years. The ones I have owned stream videos just fine and surf the web, etc, just fine,

Paul

Tutor
padesy
Message 3 of 5 (11,127 Views)

thanks a lot..Definitely the probook will serve me better.
Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 4 of 5 (11,126 Views)

You're very welcome.

Please let us know how you like it after you've used it for a few days.

Best regards,

Paul

Student
Foxy2747
Message 5 of 5 (8,654 Views)

Greetings all!

I have just purchased a Probook 4530 for my home use after having and identical one at the office for one whole year. I have been a loyal Dell consumer but recently have tested the HPs to work wonderfully!

The 4530 is the perfect package as an aternative to the older desktops where you had full size monior, full keyboard and great speakers, with the advantage of a portable system. The only detail is that its portable to be moved but pretty heavy to "carry" it in your shoulder bag on a daily basis.

I just moved from a 10in Dell latitude (business built and has served me for 7 years) to the 4530. Eventhough the HP is twice as heavy than my sleek Dell, nowadays w tablets and iphone/ smartphones you dont need to carry your laptop with you to keep up. Allowing to have a bolder complete notebook that i can move around the house, yet all in one piece.

Enjoy your new toy for many years to come!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation