Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Dear all

I would like to add to the line of frustrated x360 users! My laptop which is less than 6 months old, does not start-up - at all!

Suddenly one day, without any prior warning, I couldn't get it to power up. When plugged in the power-led is white/on but nothing happens. No fan noice, no HDD lights, no nothing. 

I have tried different ways of power-reset (hold power-button + different other buttons for 8-20 seconds), still no luck!

Can anyone please help me?

Could it be that the battery is already tired/dead and hence can not even allow cabled-power to pass?

Really hope to be hearing from you! 

Thanks!

HP Recommended
Alright I'm really getting tired of this crap. I got my computer less than a month ago and I've already had too many problems to count. How can my 4 year old MacBook Pro be working perfectly but my brand new $1400 spectre x360 can't work for more than a few days before I'm on the web trying to find out how to fix it?

Last night it was on 10% battery and I closed it and went to sleep. This morning, it's dead. Ok so I'll just plug it in for a bit and then power up and be on my way, right? Nope. It's been plugged in for 3 hours now and all it does is flash a little white light 3 times when I press the power. From reading around I see that this is a somewhat common problem with hp laptops. So why are there no solutions for this? How can hp employees simply post links to troubleshooting pages that don't help at all? Ok so flashing light means battery problem. WHAT DO I DO? This is a common problem! I'm not gonna take apart my new computer to check for dust! If hp employees are gonna take the time to respond, it'd be nice if they actually knew what they were talking about. This may come as a surprise, but us lowly customers are not too stupid to look at the hp support page on our own. They didn't help! So we go to the forums! We need help from real people who are experienced with computers. Why is that so hard? Stop posting links and use the experience that you should have to help us.

SO WHY WONT MY COMPUTER TURN ON? WHY ARE A NUMBER OF PEOPLE GETTING BATTERY ERRORS ON THEIR NEW LAPTOPS?
HP Recommended

Hi there @Troy1123

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.

I understand that you are having a problem powering on your notebook after the battery was discharged, and I can certainly understand your frustration. I am happy to help with this.

I would recommend that you take a look through this page. It is quite possible as the system was running on battery until presumably discharged that the system needs a hard reset to reinitialize.
Computer Does Not Start (Windows 😎

Here are some other pages that you may find of use as well, in terms of battery issues and maintenance.
AC Adapter Battery Charging Indicator LED Does Not Display Immediately When Plugged In
Troubleshooting the notebook battery
Improving Battery Performance (Windows 8, 7, Vista)

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Were you able to get it fixed?

HP Recommended
Goodday ...i recently purchased an hp spectre and i cant get it to power on. Initial try and no light never went on. The ac adapter wont get hot also so i am not sure if its a laptop problem or an adapter problem
HP Recommended

Having similar problem. I was using laprop while plugged in and it just shut down and now will not restart.  When I push power button it flashes once and nothing happens. Light next to power plug is white and solid.  No other light flash. 

HP Recommended

Hello @TJ89,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums!

Please begin with a hard reset. Once that is done, follow the troubleshooting steps in these documents:

1. HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)

2. HP Notebook PCs - Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge

3. HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10)

4. HP Notebook PCs - Improving Battery Performance (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista)

For more specific information please provide your product model using this link to find the product

Thank you, I look forward to your response with the outcome.

If this post has helped you, show your appreciation by selecting the thumbs up!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hello all if you are having problems with this machine make sure the notebook is switched off, press and hold the windows key and B while holding press the power button , keep holding it the keys untill your screen comes back on once this has done this make sure you update the bios after the bios has been recoved

HP Recommended

Hello all if you are having problems with this machine make sure the notebook is switched off, press and hold the windows key and B while holding press the power button , keep holding it the keys untill your screen comes back on once this has done this make sure you update the bios after the bios has been recoved

HP Recommended
I tried this and it actually helped, thanks!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.