Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

If you want an optical disc drive (CDs/DVDs), you have to purchase it separately. Is that what you meant?

-JustCuz

(Disclaimer: I'm an HP employee but not answering in an official capacity)

HP Recommended

Yes; I Will Get A USB Disc Drive.

Also About The GPU Again I Was Reading The Specs From This WebSite:

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/2536/geforce-gtx-860m.htm

Are These The Same Specs On The GPU I Will See When I Get The HP OMEN 15?

HP Recommended

You are looking at the specs for the MXM version of the GTX860M. I do not believe the Omen uses an MXM video card. If it does, that means you can theoretically remove and replace it. If it were MXM it would not have switchable graphics it would only use the 860M at all times. The MXM version of the card will tend to be more powerful than the one soldered to the motherboard. 

HP Recommended

So Beacue They Soldered It On The Board It Will Never Perform Like If It Was MXM Right?

HP Recommended

Close but not quite if I am right. I can't find any information specifically about whether it is an MXM card or not but logically if it has Intel HD4600 and nVidia graphics and supports Optimus then it is not an MXM video card. 

HP Recommended

Okay; What Is The Difference Between A MXM Video Card And The One Soldered On The Board? And How Would If Affect The Graphics Performance?

HP Recommended

I have received clarification that: 1) it is not an MXM card; BUT, 2) the chip used by HP is identical in performance specs to the MXM version of the card so the link you gave does accurately describe what you would be getting if you bought the Omen. I am jealous if you do. 

HP Recommended

Okay Thanks! All My Questions Are Answered For Now.

Also Thanks for Your Information and You Have Been Very Helpful about This Post!

Regards:

1029jrenvy17t

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.