Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

System:   Hp Envy 17  - Windows 8.1 - Intel Core i7  4700 MQ  CPU - Nvidia GE Force GT 740 M   Does anyone have a good quality controller they'd recommend.  A wired usb controller , with twin joysticks preferrebly I know it has to be able to run with Windows drivers, but I don't know a good brand to get .  I don't want to have to return one because it isn't compatible with laptop.  I see them advertised  but don't know which one has the better reviews. I'd appreciate any suggestions - thank you  ,    Z

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sure. You will need an xBox 360 wireless or wired controller and an interface like the one in the video. See the video.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The Gaming review websites would be the best place to check.  Microsoft also has compatibility checks for hardware. 

Take a look at the following search I did on the subject.

https://www.google.com/search?q=gaming+joystics+for+windows+8.1&oq=gaming+joystics+for+windows+8.1&a...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I can sure use the info you provided. But I mistakenly described what I really wanted . I meant a controller similar to Sony or Xbox style with the dual little joysticks. That is what I meant to ask about and look for .  But I needed a joystick controller for another system anyway, so your other information helped me indirectly lol. - thank you.  Do you maybe have a link to find the other style of controller I meant to look for that's HP ENVY compatible ?   I would really appreciate your time and help , and plus you'll get another "correct answer" for your record .     thank you ,  Z.

HP Recommended

Sure. You will need an xBox 360 wireless or wired controller and an interface like the one in the video. See the video.

HP Recommended

Thank you .  I already have the wireless controller too.      I appreciate the help !

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.