INTEGRATED WEBCAM and MIC NOT WORKING (2362 Views)
Student
funus
Message 1 of 5 (2,362 Views)

INTEGRATED WEBCAM and MIC NOT WORKING

I bought a new HP Pavilion DV6 Notebook with windows 7 home premium pre-installed,the problem is that  the integrated webcam "HP true vision HD"  is not working with YOU cam or any other software such as Skype ,though the webcam physically is present on the LCD ; it does not appear on the device manager ...infact no imaging device is available on the device manager.Also the built in microphone also not working.No changes were made to the system ,the system is brand new as it is.

Please suggest a solution.

Intern
zedenaka
Message 2 of 5 (2,305 Views)

Re: INTEGRATED WEBCAM and MIC NOT WORKING

You can try a System Recovery since that is it just a new notebook.

This would basically isolate if it is a SW to a HW problem.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click the White Kudos Star to say Thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
Student
lswhodat1
Message 3 of 5 (2,297 Views)

I have a Pavillion dv7 with the same issue. I have too much info for a system recovery. Is there a way to switch it on? Thats what it says to do, but i cant find it anywhere either.

Honor Student
rohanbhargava
Message 4 of 5 (2,261 Views)

I have the same problem. I think this is a fault with HP design and how these things are made. 

I spoke with HP and they told me to do a system restore. Done that and the mic and camera still done work. This is really a poor computer. To spend all this money on a DV 7 .. Never would I buy a HP again

Student
GraemeKelly
Message 5 of 5 (591 Views)

I cannot get my webcam to function on my HP laptop, it sometimes work fopr abpout 20 seconds then it goes blank.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation