Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have installed the Intel AC 7260 dual band wireless card + bluetooth. I have gotten all the drivers working, except for the Bluetooth remote control and hands free audio driver. All other bluetooth components in the device manager show as functioning properly, just not the remote control and bluetooth hands free audio. Both give the error in properties "This device cannot start. (Code 10)". Below are the hardware IDs.

Bluetoth Remote Control

BTHENUM\{84a1e9b8-12ba-4a9c-8ab0-a43784e0d149}_LOCALMFG&0000

Bluetooth hands-free audio

BTHENUM\{24df01a9-3e4f-4c9f-9f66-5aa8ab14f8f4}_LOCALMFG&0000

Here is a screenshot of device manager

BTerrordriver.png

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi Hawth33,

I understand that you are looking for a Bluetooth driver.

You did a wonderful job of posting the hardware ID but you did not provied me your exact model of HP notebook or your Operating System and if it is 32 or 64 bit.  I will need that information to try and locate a driver for you.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Windows 7 64-bit

HP ENVY 15t-j000 Quad Edition Notebook PC custom build

HP Recommended

Hi Hawth33,

Thank you for your reply.

Here is a link to the HP ENVY 15t-j000 Select Edition CTO Notebook PC Drivers where the recommended drivers are listed.

You can also run the HP Support Assistant to help with HP drivers and software updates.

If that has not helped, please try these steps.

Step 1. Go to device manager
Step 2. Right click on "Bluetooth Peripheral Device" that you want
Step 3. Select "Update Driver Software..."
Step 4. Choose "Browse my computer for driver software"
Step 5. Choose "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
Step 6. Select "Ports (COM & LPT)"
Step 7. Select "Microsoft" at "Manufacturer" list
Step 8. Finally select "Standard Serial over Bluetooth link"

If you are still unable to pair with a Bluetooth device try the following:

Step 1. Go to start and in the search bar type change device.
Step 2. Click on where it says Change device installation settings from  the list populated
Step 3. Select the No, let me choose what to do option.
Step 4. Check the automatically get the device app option
Step 5. Click Save changes to save the settings you just chose

As well you can try this

Step 1: Go to RUN (Windows Logo + R) and type “services.msc” and Enter
Step 2: Now find “Bluetooth Support Service” and double click on it
Step 3: Now click on Log On Tab and Type in "Local Service" without quotes
Step 4. Click on “This Account”
Step 5: Now remove any passwords leave the password field blank
Step 6: Underneath the upper left title should be a hyperlink "Start" Click it

If you are still having an issue, can you provide the details of the Bluetooth audio device and remote control.

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

I am considering the same upgrade to an Intel 7260HMW AC.

Did you get all of the bugs worked out that you were having issues with?

HP Recommended

@goodhayman wrote:

I am considering the same upgrade to an Intel 7260HMW AC.

Did you get all of the bugs worked out that you were having issues with?

For the most part, yes. The problem I had, it seems, is that I downgraded to Windows 7 on a machine that was released exclusivley for Windows 8. It was difficult to find the correct drivers for the machine.

With that said, the wireless features of the card worked flawlessly. The bluetooth however, does not work well with Windows 7 if trying to pair devices that use L2TP protocol (bluetooth headphones in my case). I went back to Windows 8 and now the wireless card works great.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.