Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-f010wm
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

When I open Device Manager I get a yellow triangle on the Intel Trusted Execution Engine Interface. I open it and it says 

This device cannot start. (Code 10) STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE. I have tried uninstalling it and updated all drivers. I don't know what else to do so it will be awesome if anyone can help me out here.

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

Hi:

Try the driver directly from Intel and see if that resolves the issue...

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23677/Intel-TXE-Intel-Trusted-Execution-Engine-driver

Download, unzip and run the setup.exe file.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick reply. It still doesn't work.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

OK...

Let's try manually installing the driver.

First, go to the Intel TXE driver folder you unzipped and open that folder.

Inside that folder there is another zipped driver folder (KMDF whatever).  Unzip that one. Let it extract inside the other folder.

Go to the device manager and click on the problem TXE device.

Then click on the driver tab.

Click on Update Driver.

Select the browse my computer for driver software option and then at the bottom of that window, select the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Select Have Disk and browse to:  unzipped Intel TXE driver folder\unzipped inner folder\KMDF_NO_RTD3_DRIVER\KMDF_NO_RTD3_DRIVER\NO_RTD3_DRIVER\release\x64\TXEI, and select the Intel(R) Trusted Execution Engine Interface device from the list and see if the driver installs that way.

HP Recommended

It gives me this error. Untitled.jpg

HP Recommended

Sorry that didn't work either.

The only other suggestion I can offer would be to right click on the TXE device, select uninstall, check the uninstall driver box, reboot and reinstall the driver from HP.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5449369&swItemId=ob_128754_1&swEnvOid=415...

HP Recommended

I'll do it later. Got some stuff I got to take care of. Thanks for the fast response. 

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Let me know if you get it to work.

HP Recommended

I'm still getting the error.

HP Recommended

Sorry nothing worked.

One of those methods should have worked to install the driver.

If your notebook is still under warranty, I recommend you contact HP techical support and file  a support case under the warranty.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.