Question

Honor Student
cffl05
Message 1 of 4 (1,079 Views)
Accepted Solution

Intel WiDi and Miracast

I have an HP Pavillion g6-2010nr Notebook PC .  It's came with Windows 7.  I want to use a wireless display adapter to wirelessly display (mirror) my laptop screen on TV.  It requires that my laptop be "Intel WiDi and Miracast" enabled. Is my laptop Intel WiDi and Miracast enabled? Do I have to install something? or can Windows 7 not do it? If Windows 7 can do it, how do I get it to connect? I know on Windows 8 there is a project option that allows you to connect to a TV, but I'm not sure where to find that option on Windows 7.  I am a newbie, so  the more details... the better.

Thanks

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 4 (1,074 Views)

Re: Intel WiDi and Miracast

Hi,

No. The following specs shows it does not meet WiDi requirements:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c03377517

BUT if you wish, please use the following tool to confirm:

http://supportkb.intel.com/wireless/wireless-display/templates/selfservice/intelwidi/#portal/1026/ar...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
cffl05
Message 3 of 4 (1,067 Views)

Thanks for the quick response! Is there a simple way to make my system WiDi enabled? Like buying some extra hardware?

Thanks
Provost
banhien
Message 4 of 4 (1,064 Views)

Hi,

Buy a new computer will be much better and can be cheaper.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation