Question

Student
Myles_B
Message 1 of 2 (115 Views)

Is it possible to have my laptop upgraded?

Is there any way for me to upgrade my laptop? It is brand new, but I think I might want to upgrade my processor to an i7, and my ram to 16 GB.

I currently have the HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j170us Notebook PC, where would I go/who would I talk to to get these upgrades done?

Another consideration of mine (i'm not sure if this is possible), is space. I currently have 1TB and would more than like to add more if possible.

Thanks,

Myles_B

HP Support Agent
Lil_Lisa27
Message 2 of 2 (78 Views)

Re: Is it possible to have my laptop upgraded?

Hi Myles_B,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

You can update your processor to an i7. I have included the 'Maintenance and Service Guide', if you go to page 75 it will list available part numbers for processors that are known to work with your notebook.

From the 'HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j170us Notebook PC Product Specifications', your notebook can support a maximum of 16GB. From the Maintenance and Service Guide, you will need to look at page 48 for the 8GB part number, as it will support two of the 8GB.

One option for purchasing the parts that you do need, is the HP PartSurfer.

Hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Lil_Lisa27
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation